Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yes they are a non-conductive material so nylon, plastic, rubber would work. The SOR aftermarket one does not work unless trimmed, and not very well even then (too thick of rubber). I contacted @thecrazygreek about making one, he’s made a rendering from the dimensions I gave him, but hasn’t printed anything yet. He’s got a lot of radios to build 😂.

I will cook up a batch today and test fit it as soon as I can. I'm thinking more rubber than plastic might be better.?

This (part #4) just separates #3 from #5 until #1 is pressed at the edges and flexes #3 to make contact with #5.

Omaha! 😂

Electrically neutral is only real requirement. Then maybe whatever would last longer in an increasing ozone environment 👿. Thickness is semi-critical, that’s the issue with SORs (even after it’s trimmed) as #1 has to be aggressively/completely flexed to get #3 to bend enough to contact #5.

Hut. Hut.

This (part #4) just separates #3 from #5 until #1 is pressed at the edges and flexes #3 to make contact with #5.

Omaha! 😂

Electrically neutral is only real requirement. Then maybe whatever would last longer in an increasing ozone environment 👿. Thickness is semi-critical, that’s the issue with SORs (even after it’s trimmed) as #1 has to be aggressively/completely flexed to get #3 to bend enough to contact #5.

Hut. Hut.
Ok. I get it. I'm familiar with the setup. Is it the same for all years? I don't recall if they are.

Don’t know about years. They are the same for a ‘63 FJ45 and a ‘65 FJ40, that’s all I know.

In January 2020, Toyota began the Heritage Program to begin production of no longer available parts for the A70 and A80 Supra. In July 2020, Toyota added the 2000GT to the list of vehicles with parts production support through the Heritage Program.

Earlier today I made my frequent parts order call to my local dealership to get the common response, "part # XXXXX-XXXXX that you want to purchase is NLA". I'm a resourceful guy just like everyone on this site and I can do a lot to revive old worn bits but there is a limit to what can be rebuilt. Scouring fleabay for sketchy used parts isn't my idea of a fun afternoon; I'd rather be opening a Lexus/Toyota Genuine Parts box and installing a new part into my old cruiser. Why is Toyota supporting the Supra and 2000GT and not their most iconic/flagship vehicle, the vehicle that enabled them to enter new markets around the world and was largely responsible for the success of their company?

So I called Toyota's customer service at 800-331-4331 and spoke with Carrie W. (she's awesome BTW). I pitched this request and ended up on hold while she talked with a supervisor. She came back and said the supervisor response to my question was that they haven't had any significant volume of inquiry requests for adding the FJ25 or FJ40 to the Heritage Program, but they would send the program managers my request and... if they found there was enough demand they would likely add support for these vehicles. If you'd like to have access to new OEM parts that are currently NLA then please call the number and person listed above and put in a request. We may be able to get the Land Cruiser added to the Heritage Program if we flood them with requests. I may call them once every day until they get so fed up with me that they just do what I'm asking.

Also, my daily NLA parts order was: 17343-61020 hose between air bypass valve and check valve, 17342-61030 hose between smog pump and air bypass valve, 19220-61102 distributor vacuum advance (dual diaphragm style), 17810-61010 distributor air filter, at this point I gave up and ordered an air filter.
I used the Parts form (gazoo)and entered all the numbers I had for the limited listings(the form would not let me continue--asking for the part numbers(which I had provided) I even tried one number(a head gasket) which I just ordered from Toy So. Atlanta(which I have) even that 'new' part number wouldn't work--
Is it best just to call?

Who else is going to buy enough parts to build a spare FJ40 from scratch? 🤣😂
1977 BJ40 in Costa Rica

20211217_114053.jpg

20211214_094506.jpg

20211215_100430.jpg

20211215_115559.jpg

20211216_131051.jpg

20211216_145003.jpg

20211217_114042.jpg

20211217_114105.jpg

20211218_102239.jpg

20211218_100858.jpg

Looks like it’s really happening:

3FF63D2C-A310-400A-8C45-057251AC4A50.png

I feel a bit weird, I haven't screen every single parts but some as license plate light, front indicator, I/E valves, Windshield weather strip and others immediately pop to me as, to my knowledge, already available from Toyota for every year or close.
And I'm saying that because I bought all those parts, directly from Toyota, in the 2 last years.

Can't wait for more details. Some hints are included, but still cryptic. For instance Transfer Output Shaft Companion Flange - front or rear? If rear, that would denote 8/80 and later models. I didn't see parking brake drum.

I have to smoke a cigarette after each time I read that list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom