1983 Toyota FJ40 missing connection (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hi,

I am new here. I am trying to figure out what these wires and connectors are for, and what do I connect them to on a 1983 Toyota FJ40.

I am asking about the connector on my hand, not the one for the washer fluid pump. I removed the washer and the radiator tanks to take this picture.

Also, if you have a good colored wiring schematic of the 83 fj40, please post a pic or PDF here. Having trouble finding a decent one.

Thank you for the help!

IMG_9979.jpeg

IMG_9978.jpeg

Check specifically (and verify diligently) if its the A/C connector (add-on which is probably not present in your 40). I have
a similar unused connector in my 79.
There is an add on AC in this one, and a black wire ran to it. The car runs perfectly, but the AC does not.

IMG_9987.jpeg

The only solid green wire is the side light / tail light feed, but I'm guessing that this one is bespoke.

The red and black are probably +12v and ground respectively - you could try pulling fuses to see which circuit its on.
The green is maybe tapped into an existing circuit to provide s switched input (for a headlight relay for example). I'd unpick the trunking and see where it goes - probably ends up under the dash somewhere.

I also have a 83 fj but mine goes into a black end that locates right by the passenger headlight.I not sure what the vacume pot or what ever that piece is but I also have real toyota a/c.You may not and would guess part of the a/c system.My a/c still works oqwned this for years never tyried it until my son said check it.I always have roof off but amazing just added a can of coolent which works with R12 and wow very very cold a/c.I have only 60,000 miles rust free as well

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom