Toyota Land Cruiser Heritage Parts Program Discussion (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

List seems rather meaningless without a reference part no. or photo.
Agreed. Application info would be nice, but at least it’s a start. A small indication of what types of parts are most likely to result from the program.

Agreed, Thomas. But the vague lists with descriptions such as "starter" and "control knob" aren't helpful to anyone hoping for a specific replacement part. The veil of secrecy surrounding this project only adds to the confusion of those it's designed to benefit.

With the many satellite industries that supply Toyota, the variety of possible re-creations is immense, but production revamping and startup costs prohibit certain types of products, so the resulting decisions for each item or class of items will become rather arbitrary based on some outside projections and estimations of current and future demand--inexact, biased, and second-guessed.

We as enthusiasts are blinded to the big picture of corporation financial decision making. There really is, after all, a very limited market for this stuff, and while waiting for the very few items to become available, a whole lot of currently available parts are dropping off the market at the other end. Unfortunately, the days--if there ever were any--of being able to rehabilitate these old vehicles with new correct parts and pieces has been closing for quite a while. There are far too many "heritage" parts needed to accomplish the job. My 2 cents.

Agreed, Thomas. But the vague lists with descriptions such as "starter" and "control knob" aren't helpful to anyone hoping for a specific replacement part. The veil of secrecy surrounding this project only adds to the confusion of those it's designed to benefit.

With the many satellite industries that supply Toyota, the variety of possible re-creations is immense, but production revamping and startup costs prohibit certain types of products, so the resulting decisions for each item or class of items will become rather arbitrary based on some outside projections and estimations of current and future demand--inexact, biased, and second-guessed.

We as enthusiasts are blinded to the big picture of corporation financial decision making. There really is, after all, a very limited market for this stuff, and while waiting for the very few items to become available, a whole lot of currently available parts are dropping off the market at the other end. Unfortunately, the days--if there ever were any--of being able to rehabilitate these old vehicles with new correct parts and pieces has been closing for quite a while. There are far too many "heritage" parts needed to accomplish the job. My 2 cents.
Bout sums it up Michael.

Guess if you been hoarding parts as long as I have most of what they seem to be reproducing will have little interest. Was hoping for some of the rarer parts like the duct from the blower to the heater core that suited for an A/C evaporter. Or the battery tray to clear A/C compressor. Or even the piece of exhaust pipe that routes the exhaust over the frame on the 79/80 models. As far as I know the US is the only market to have this awful setup. Even Canada was like the rest of the world. But when I read that a few select members on mud were approached a long time for comment who obviously either didn't or were told not to reach to all of mud I wasn't expecting much.

Not that I have any real interested does anyone know if Toyota intends on making any parts that work only on 3/69 cruisers? Seemed people were looking for those but Toyota dropping these early parts from the system over forty years ago curious plan to make any.

Never seen an individual parts number for them but I'll bet there are many who need them. How about the inside door handle plastic that is held on by a single pin? Wish Toyota would make them and make them available.

Does anyone know if they are reproducing the wood for the running board support on the 77?

20220411_161840.jpg

Does anyone know if they are reproducing the wood for the running board support on the 77?
I believe they are growing the very trees for those now as we speak ! Be patient--that is a very special wood only available in Japan itself. Harvesting the needed trees in 1977 was long ago outlawed under UN sanctions due to global warming. Substitutions can be made, but we can see you are intent on a very authentic restoration.

I believe they are growing the very trees for those now as we speak ! Be patient--that is a very special wood only available in Japan itself. Harvesting the needed trees in 1977 was long ago outlawed under UN sanctions due to global warming. Substitutions can be made, but we can see you are intent on a very authentic restoration.
:rofl:

Just spent a lot of time restoring my originals. Guess they're starting with the low hanging fruit - Next up will surely be the center console. ;)
I was missing the left one on my 40 for long time.
Found a pair to restore in so so condition.
Recently spend a lot of time to restore them and bend them back to shape.
Discovered that I bought 2 left side and that they can't exchange side.
Can't find my original right one since my truck restoration.
-_-'

Agree. We do have to remember we here in the USA are the “red headed stepchild” as far as Toyota is concerned. The real Landcruisers have only been sold abroad since the 80’s end in 1997. They will continue to offer us their IFS junk only here even though us Americans probably buy more of their vehicles than any country in the world. Something to think about.

10/78 distributor would be nice, mine won’t last forever👍

Looks like they're available to order now, but not exactly a steal. $142.25 MSRP. You can get a whole front bumper for only $62 more!

I would be shocked if that is in fact the new listing but rather an old listing that is discontinued and not reflected on their online store as we see with many parts. For example that same dealer shows the LH side (75138-60020) as NLA.

:flush:

Both rear lights covers are listed available at Amayama for 56$ (exact same price for both).
I'm not sure if it's an old listing or a new one, price match the one on the Japanese GR website and I thought I had looked for those parts when restoring my FJ40 (so seeing them as NLA as I did not ordered them back then).
But hard to be sure, on the European equivalent of Amayama or TPD one side is listed available and the other one NLA, pretty sure this is an old listing.

I need to do an order at Amayama soon so I'll try my luck with those...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom