Builds The Warthog v4.4 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So you’ve got some time on the Mosley now...what are your thoughts. I’m at a 2F crossroads trying to decide to keep or go to the dark side. I’d like to put one engine in that’s last til I’m dead.

Its truly amazing. I can’t imagine this motor in a 40 that weighed 2000# less. It is perfect for
This truck. Zero complaints

Its truly amazing. I can’t imagine this motor in a 40 that weighed 2000# less. It is perfect for
This truck. Zero complaints
Thanks! May have to call Cam tomorrow...

I know you have it mated to a 5, but do you think it would pair ok with a 4-speed (with 4.11’s)? Or too limiting? I want to be able to drive above 55!

Thanks! May have to call Cam tomorrow...

I know you have it mated to a 5, but do you think it would pair ok with a 4-speed (with 4.11’s)? Or too limiting? I want to be able to drive above 55!

I prefer the 4 speed over the 5 speed all day for drivability.

That said I’d hunt up some 3.70s. Thats the proper combo

Do you mind sharing the part number on that Wix oil filter. All I can see in the pictures 51xxx.
Thanks

Damn. I can’t remember but it was @FJ40Jim approved.

Also, the large Toyota filter that has long been DC in the US is now completely discontinued by Toyota according to @Onur

I believe that is the Wix 51773 oil filter.

Maybe we can get ToYotA MatT to make a reusable slip cover that turns a Wix into a Toyota filter

Maybe we can get ToYotA MatT to make a reusable slip cover that turns a Wix into a Toyota filter

Take an old Toyota filter and do something like this?
1592267557237.png

FWIW - I'm running a Japanese JS Asakashi C101V oil filter this go around. But my go too filter is a Baldwin B2. :hillbilly:

I believe that is the Wix 51773 oil filter.

That’s gotta be it. It matches the one I normally use only it’s bigger. Don’t know if it’s better, the XP is synthetic and the hog is cellulose.

The one I normally run is

I’m due for an oil change.... I was going to wrap mine in a 22 oz. Natie Lite can.

That’s gotta be it. It matches the one I normally use only it’s bigger. Don’t know if it’s better, the XP is synthetic and the hog is cellulose.

The one I normally run is

I’m due for an oil change.... I was going to rap mine in a 22 oz. Natie Lite can.

Jim C. typically installs the Wix 51773 (tall boy) filter with his oil changes. The Wix 51515 is about the same size as the standard Toyota 15600-41010 filter.

It's a long read, but there are documented failures of engines that ran the Wix 51515.

Wix failure thread

Yes, I know that is in the 80 section, but the failures happened. Also, google-foo it and there are reports of the Wix anti-drain back valve failing in other applications.

Even though they may not be made in Japan anymore, I stick with Mr. T

Man, this Pig was a spectacular ride.

This 2F is probably the fastest, most responsive 2F powered Land Cruiser I have ever driven. It purred-- and I pushed the hell out of it to see what it had.

Started up perfectly and immediately; off the line it is stupid fast.... only hindered by how fast one can shift between gears, and it's ability to hold speed--and, in fact, accelerate up hills and in the 4th-5th gear range was pretty impressive.

I drove it about 70 miles today and it kept up on highway traffic and I even passed a bunch of cars.... It just has gobs of power. The Big Boi Cop Motor concept has been proven IMO. Great work Cameron @FJ60Cam -- you've got a real winner here man. The combination of the engine work and the Sniper management system really is a game changer IMO for the 2F and anyone who wants to keep things Toyota.... I would whole heartedly not even think about an engine swap knowing a 2F like this is out there and available.

I want this truck and engine combo.... BAD.... :)

Man, this Pig was a spectacular ride.

This 2F is probably the fastest, most responsive 2F powered Land Cruiser I have ever driven. It purred-- and I pushed the hell out of it to see what it had.

Started up perfectly and immediately; off the line it is stupid fast.... only hindered by how fast one can shift between gears, and it's ability to hold speed--and, in fact, accelerate up hills and in the 4th-5th gear range was pretty impressive.

I drove it about 70 miles today and it kept up on highway traffic and I even passed a bunch of cars.... It just has gobs of power. The Big Boi Cop Motor concept has been proven IMO. Great work Cameron @FJ60Cam -- you've got a real winner here man. The combination of the engine work and the Sniper management system really is a game changer IMO for the 2F and anyone who wants to keep things Toyota.... I would whole heartedly not even think about an engine swap knowing a 2F like this is out there and available.

I want this truck and engine combo.... BAD.... :)
Damn. A tolerable 2F?? Sign me up :flipoff2:

My cat stowed away in a trailer headed north today after a Cruiser transaction. The driver was nice enough to make a UTurn and start heading back.

Being that I needed to make a high speed intercept I called on the Mosley Motors interceptor Cop motor

Stow away shop cat retrieval was a success. Speeds in excess of 85 mph were seen in the Warthog

8CE3B034-B42D-42AD-9365-B2441DAA801A.jpeg

49FB1EEA-E188-4E84-9346-2F6EBC95255E.jpeg

41E72DF8-1BDD-4BD1-A0A8-83CFF6E7C2B0.jpeg

F9CDBB4E-9D43-4D17-B665-108F3599F27B.jpeg

7EE97219-D025-4A61-A679-370292640A03.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom