The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently no short blocks in the US. I picked up the last in stock unit this last week.

Hopefully more will be manufactured.

7106D768-21FB-4CA1-809B-2E60F789EBD9.jpeg

3C12AF2B-B165-4B5D-AD04-982D90099183.jpeg

At least there's a live backorder.

Oh, go ahead and disclose the current suggested price on those Birfs.......:rimshot:

Oh, go ahead and disclose the current suggested price on those Birfs.......:rimshot:

Equal to the price I paid for my first Land Cruiser in 1995, literally :D

I remember when they were only 700 bucks list. :doh:

Still made

Adding this here to settle a debate.

This is the last Expander 09905-00012 SST tool found in the 80 FSM used on the front axle. Yes there are plenty of name brand tools, but I have grown fond of Mr. T style tools. Very sturdy.

Hopefully I’m wrong and I can delete this post.

D560C902-90FD-4194-8CD0-F8E76FCB20AD.jpeg

Last edited:
Adding this here to settle a debate.

This is the last Expander 09905-00012 SST tool found in the 80 FSM used on the front axle. Yes there are plenty of name brand tools, but I have grown fond of Mr. T style tools. Very sturdy.

Hopefully I’m wrong and I can delete this post.

View attachment 2616952

Readily available in Japan.

Seems as if Toyota had eliminated the rear pad supports and wear indicator that had been included in part 04492-60020 (rear pad kit, disc brake) as all that seems available is 04466-60020 which is just the rear pads for an 80 series? I'd ordered 04492 and hadn't noticed the substitute 04466 on the order. Guess I'll have to reuse the pad supports and wear indicator. :mad:

Edit - Looks like you have to order the pad supports and wear indicator separately now. 47716-22010-pad support #1, 47717-22010-pad support #2, 47771-22030-pad wear indicator, rear disc.

Last edited:
Sayonara. Dead in the water.

I recently got a new one, LHD from Toyota.

I have not fitted it to confirm fitment so not posting the part number plus there are those guys that buy these parts as soon as they catch wind of it and then relist on their website at 200%+ markup.

You will probably school me Onur and tell me it won’t work on a US 80 which means I wasted my money. 🙄😆😂☹️

Cheers

I recently got a new one, LHD from Toyota.

I have not fitted it to confirm fitment so not posting the part number plus there are those guys that buy these parts as soon as they catch wind of it and then relist on their website at 200%+ markup.

You will probably school me Onur and tell me it won’t work on a US 80 which means I wasted my money. 🙄😆😂☹️

Cheers

:lol:

If you found a PN that works, more power to you!

:)

:lol:

If you found a PN that works, more power to you!

:)

🤷🏼‍♂️

I will be finding out that is for sure, both my Cruisers are LHD. For now I just tossed them in the stash.

Cheers

I was able to order the short block and got confirmation of shipment today. I was told by Olathe that there were five short blocks in the country with two in shipment (including mine).

View attachment 2694494
Don’t let “5 blocks in the country” throw anyone into a panic. It’s simply a stocking level and has nothing to do with whether they’re going to be discontinued.

🤷🏼‍♂️

I will be finding out that is for sure, both my Cruisers are LHD. For now I just tossed them in the stash.

Cheers
Im seeing 77606-60070 skid plate still available. Same part?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom