The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread

There is a Denso number on the blower motor resistor. It can still be had in Japan using that number.
Interesting, my local dealership said there’s none in North America. Couldn’t find any on amamya or Toyota parts deal. I found used on cruiser outfitters though. I’ll have to look into it

beno

Gihee Arakawa
GOLD Star

Interesting, my local dealership said there’s none in North America. Couldn’t find any on amamya or Toyota parts deal. I found used on cruiser outfitters though. I’ll have to look into it
Correct. A dealer will not have any idea what you are talking about and the other sites are not informational. They are transactional.

As I stated, use the Denso number on the resistor itself (if available) and call a Japanese parts source and discuss. They can procure the Denso versions of them.

Correct. A dealer will not have any idea what you are talking about and the other sites are not informational. They are transactional.

As I stated, use the Denso number on the resistor itself (if available) and call a Japanese parts source and discuss. They can procure the Denso versions of them.
Awesome, thank you.

CYKBC

SILVER Star
They mention anecdotally, in vid below, that there aren't many 1FZ-FE short blocks left in stock. Anyone know how many are available for sale in the USA?

And which is the one that comes with all the goodies v bare short block?

11400-66041 list price $4544.84
11400-66040 $3215.93

Thanks.

Last edited:

beno

Gihee Arakawa
GOLD Star

They mention anecdotally, in vid below, that there aren't many 1FZ-FE short blocks left in stock. Anyone know how many are available for sale in the USA?

And which is the one that comes with all the goodies v bare short block?

11400-66041 list price $4544.84
11400-66040 $3215.93

Thanks.

These two have no idea what they are talking about. "Rare" :lol: "Just happened to be sitting at a depot." :lol:

More cluelessness.

11400-66041 is the correct part number for the short block with all the rotating assembly bits inside.

The stuff in the picture is what is included.

Screen Shot 2019-05-13 at 15.20.18.png

IMG_4914.JPG

As you can see by the part number kanban, the delivery date from Toyota Industries to TMC in Japan was August 30, 2017. It was more than likely manufactured within 2-3 days previous to that date.

IMG_6176.JPG

scottryana

Ironically most of the engine builders that I have talked to that build engines for big boost actually suggest that you start with an old good condition engine block since it has already heat cycled.

But getting a new short block sure is a nice way to go!

Until its gets bored and stroked /standaloned with 50lbs of boost !!! :)

Last edited:
There's a rumour that new crate-engine 1hdt's are allegedly available from a Toyota dealership in Sydney somewhere. But I don't really have the A$15k just lying around to try and procure one. ;)

beno

Gihee Arakawa
GOLD Star

Ironically most of the engine builders that I have talked to that build engines for big boost actually suggest that you start with an old good condition engine block since it has already heat cycled.

But getting a new short block sure is a nice way to go!
Robbie has said the same thing to me many times.

Top Bottom