The Ultimate 80 Series Parts Discontinued Thread

Some meth head broke my “rear door window” last week. I ordered a replacement and learned that I MIGHT get the last one in the country. Part number 68124-60090

What are we supposed to do down the road? I seem to get a window bashed out every 6 months. :bang:

877042BF-1D34-4CE2-9188-577749A6ACBA.jpeg

cruiserdan

SupportingVendor Emeritus

Land Cruiser Heritage Museum broom closet
Some meth head broke my “rear door window” last week. I ordered a replacement and learned that I MIGHT get the last one in the country. Part number 68124-60090

What are we supposed to do down the road? I seem to get a window bashed out every 6 months. :bang:

View attachment 1936490
Get yourself a big-ass Rottweiler and let Darwin do the rest.

Oak sunvisors
Collectors Edition badges and floor mats
40th Anniverary decals and mats
Rear OEM carpet
Black chrome Colllectors Edition badging

If someone can reproduce this stuff to OEM spec....they stand to make a great deal of money.

Oak sunvisors
Collectors Edition badges and floor mats
40th Anniverary decals and mats
Rear OEM carpet
Black chrome Colllectors Edition badging
If someone can reproduce this stuff to OEM spec....they stand to make a great deal of money.
Sorry to tell you this, but no, they won't make a great deal of money. In fact it would cost them alot of money to tool up to make those items. For a market that is only getting smaller by the day due to attrition.

Just as an FYI the total number of 80 series trucks imported into this country during their entire 7 year model run was just 74730 units. Even if all those trucks were still on the road today, and they aren't. That's just not a larger enough pool of potential buyers to warrant the capital investment to reproduce those parts.

Plus the parts you listed were not installed on all 74730 trucks, that's due to some of them being available as only 1 off options, that'll further shrink your pool of potential buyers.

Sorry to tell you this, but no, they won't make a great deal of money. In fact it would cost them alot of money to tool up to make those items. For a market that is only getting smaller by the day due to attrition.

Just as an FYI the total number of 80 series trucks imported into this country during their entire 7 year model run was just 74730 units. Even if all those trucks were still on the road today, and they aren't. That's just not a larger enough pool of potential buyers to warrant the capital investment to reproduce those parts.

Plus the parts you listed were not installed on all 74730 trucks, that's due to some of them being available as only 1 off options, that'll further shrink your pool of potential buyers.
Depressing. Just for comparison any idea how many 40s and 60s were imported?

Guess it depends on how much people are willing to pay for OEM quality rare parts. For the list above, I’d pay a bunch. Also, how long do we think it will be before people are spending 80k + fully restoring these trucks? Might not be long. They are at least top 5 best SUVs ever built and SUVs are a building collector car market. For example, Should be able to produce decals properly $2-3$ a piece and sell them for $100 a set if they’re perfect in that world. Collectors edition emblems in black chrome,...similar mark up.

musthave

It's a cruiser thing
Supporting Vendor
Guess it depends on how much people are willing to pay for OEM quality rare parts. For the list above, I’d pay a bunch. Also, how long do we think it will be before people are spending 80k + fully restoring these trucks? Might not be long. They are at least top 5 best SUVs ever built and SUVs are a building collector car market. For example, Should be able to produce decals properly $2-3$ a piece and sell them for $100 a set if they’re perfect in that world. Collectors edition emblems in black chrome,...similar mark up.
There is already a vendor selling the Collectors Edition emblems that are nearly identical. I'm not sure what his profit is, but I doubt that it's anywhere near what you might think. I wish it were different.

Impreza

And finally, it has happened. Sad day.

A343F transmissions for the 1FZ powered 80 series trucks are now officially discontinued.

This means there are no more automatic transmissions available from Toyota for the 1FZ powered 80 series truck.

35010-60541-84: DISCONTINUED
So you're telling me I should have kept the fairly low mileage unit I had kicking around for 7+ years before sending it off to the scrapper when I moved? I couldn't give it away then!

Top Bottom