Builds The Green Bastard (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

It’s oddly bright right? You’re going to think it’s a warning light for weeks…

As part of the christmas presents I got the cruiser, some factory lug nuts were ordered for the front wheels.
I mounted the factory lugs, and have found that the el-cheapo lugs had a different angle? and have changed the angle of the taper for the factory lugs?
I can fit a pick into the gap with the new lug nuts torqued to spec, comparison pic below, a bit unsure of what to do :(

2A3A2EDF-7FB6-4321-8D78-40D6C153F8C2.jpeg
38CF9B58-EC2E-45C0-B19F-E304AD94854E.jpeg

Weird. Are you thinking the lug nut holes on your wheel are f***ed up due to the s***ty lug nuts?
pretty much :(

and my dilemma is if I get 2 new fj steelies, I did not paint them originally, so colormatching would be interesting.

Though thinking about it, I guess I could just repaint all 4 in gray again 🤔

and my dilemma is if I get 2 new fj steelies, I did not paint them originally, so colormatching would be interesting.

This is a bummer. Sorry to hear bout this.

I have an extra set of OEM wheels if you want to go that way

Imo run the lugs in tight a few times. Retorque them after a few hundred miles maybe twice. The steel in either the lugs or the steel seats in the wheel will move and it'll match perfectly again.

This is not a huge deal. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it were my rig.

Imo run the lugs in tight a few times. Retorque them after a few hundred miles maybe twice. The steel in either the lugs or the steel seats in the wheel will move and it'll match perfectly again.

This is not a huge deal. I probably wouldn't have noticed it if it were my rig.
Me: omg bro that’s terrible!!! I’ll give you new wheels and start a go fund me
You: nah bro chill. Just run ‘em in tighter. Nbd.

Me: omg bro that’s terrible!!! I’ll give you new wheels and start a go fund me
You: nah bro chill. Just run ‘em in tighter. Nbd.

I figure if the chepo lug nuts had a different taper than the wheels when they went on, then the wheel lug seats moved to match. If the lug taper were wider than the wheel seat taper he wouldn't have seen the difference, and it clearly hasn't been a problem this far.

As long as the new lugs aren't bottoming out on the hub, ****in send it.

lets see here
been lazy, still have not gotten a new windshield / gasket

"D" light went out after 2-3 months?
Better have all that done before Relic Run 😋

still lazy, havent done the windsheild yet

did an oil change today, greased up ujoints

remembered how much I dislike grease guns

Some discoveries from relic run:
Drivers side birf is most likely done
Rear brakes dont really work that much when backing down a hill to re-position

Last edited:
I am debating "reverse engineering" the door card, and then cutting that on my CNC, or just using the original card as a template, and use a hand held router.

and
whiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiile im in there
Thinking of re-upholstering the doors with something else, not the biggest fan of the 2 tone vinyl

I am debating "reverse engineering" the door card, and then cutting that on my CNC, or just using the original card as a template, and use a hand held router.

and
Thinking of re-upholstering the doors with something else, not the biggest fan of the 2 tone vinyl

Shouldn't be too hard to do as long as you can figure out an inner window weatherstrip. Lots of people do that on 60s

and

If you can produce a decent CAD file that can be shared, it would be appreciated by many. Or, make some cash on the side . . .

as long as you don't do diamond plate.....

Agreed. That is the cheapest, shìttiest, no self-respectin' look possible!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom