Rough saw lumber and what you built out of it (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Here's a couple of benches I made from scrap rough sewn from a few years ago. I've worked mainly with reclaimed heart pine on various projects. I trimmed my cabin's interior from reclaimed barnwood cut down around the early 1900's. The floor is from a 100 year old tobacco barn flooring that was never nailed down and in 20-24' lengths. No stain, just water poly after a light sanding. I have a bunch of scrap reclaimed wood if anyone needs any for a project.

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

Every time this thread pops up it reminds me that I have access to lots of oak (nowhere near as chunky as yours though), a couple saws, and could use a good fire pit area with some benches.... I'm going to have to do something about that.

I have been doing some stuff out of pallet wood if that counts. Mostly accent walls. I plan on doing a head and foot board for a friend when I find the time. I would love to have cheap easy access to some rough stuff to do some things.
Here is one of the walls. The built in shelves are also salvage from a deck I tore down. (Not sure if this counts since I did not have to actually cut logs but it is all pretty rough.)
20191019_192005.jpg

Here is the bed. Again it is all left overs and recycled stuff.

20191104_160218.jpg

IMG-20191125-WA0008.jpeg

Made a live edge custom epoxy “River Table” coffee table for a friend. The Blue in the canyon is illuminescent.

He was the Squadron Commander of VF-14 “Top Hatters”.
The jet is painted to match his jet, all the way down to his call sign on the side.
It’s 18/4 or 4 1/2” thick and weighs 140lbs
46EC1A90-2047-4E52-8B1C-66D2BCA10A19.jpeg

How Should I have this cherry cut up? I was going to sell the logs, but that fell through. I think I’d like to get it cut up.

I know a guy with a saw mill, he said he’d cut it for no charge but he keeps half the wood. Is that a square deal? I have no idea really.

0CC0E73E-972D-443C-BFAC-29E9F67B8F09.jpeg

I have 3 straight 10ft logs.

That's the standard deal. If you can you should be there to help make sure you get a square deal - the wood should be evenly divided by quality as well as quantity. I'd buy the logs if I was closer. Cherry is my favorite and we simply don't have the trees here.

That's the standard deal. If you can you should be there to help make sure you get a square deal - the wood should be evenly divided by quality as well as quantity. I'd buy the logs if I was closer. Cherry is my favorite and we simply don't have the trees here.
Yea I’ll be there to help him. Thanks. I’ve cut up some cherry trees from my property and sold the logs before, but I’ve never had any cut up for projects.

What an awesome thread to stumble on.
Thanks for the good read thus far...

Ridge beam?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom