Rough saw lumber and what you built out of it

Here's a couple of benches I made from scrap rough sewn from a few years ago. I've worked mainly with reclaimed heart pine on various projects. I trimmed my cabin's interior from reclaimed barnwood cut down around the early 1900's. The floor is from a 100 year old tobacco barn flooring that was never nailed down and in 20-24' lengths. No stain, just water poly after a light sanding. I have a bunch of scrap reclaimed wood if anyone needs any for a project.

IMG_1426.JPG

IMG_1671.JPG

RockDoc

Nobody must know my terrible secret

Every time this thread pops up it reminds me that I have access to lots of oak (nowhere near as chunky as yours though), a couple saws, and could use a good fire pit area with some benches.... I'm going to have to do something about that.

Hugh Heifer

Georgia bound.

I have been doing some stuff out of pallet wood if that counts. Mostly accent walls. I plan on doing a head and foot board for a friend when I find the time. I would love to have cheap easy access to some rough stuff to do some things.
Here is one of the walls. The built in shelves are also salvage from a deck I tore down. (Not sure if this counts since I did not have to actually cut logs but it is all pretty rough.)
20191019_192005.jpg

Here is the bed. Again it is all left overs and recycled stuff.

20191104_160218.jpg

IMG-20191125-WA0008.jpeg

Top Bottom