Rig Names... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

dbla

Just tryin' to figure it all out.
Threads
Silly question... but now that I've wrenched on it, and busted knuckles on it... I feel like my LC needs a name. How do you all name your rigs?

One buddy suggested "Clifford," which I think is brilliant, but I'm like 85% sure this rig is a girl.

IMG_0271.JPG

I never named mine. Nor all the other cars & trucks I've owned. Nor do I name my bike or skateboard or roller skates or skis. or shoes. Names are for boats, not cars. But go ahead if you want. But for goodness sake, don't refer to the most masculine vehicle Toyota ever made as "the ole girl" geezus, what an insult.

Well, for me :

My BJ42 : The Primitive Best
My HJ61 : L'Amiral (Admiral)
MYy HDJ100 : Le Grand Duc (The Great Duke)

I feel important to give a name since my Cruisers are part of my family and it is always nice to say to the other, I've been there with The Great Duke or I drove there with The Admiral. All of theme are male ! ;)

086BC85F-6E5E-415A-93AB-3867DC1F8E02.jpeg

Last edited:
My trucks are named:

Bucky (‘71 FJ55)
Crockpot (‘78 FJ40)
Dusty (‘82 FJ40)
Turdle (‘84 FJ 60)
Cotton (‘94 FZJ80)

Feel free to not use any of those names. :grinpimp:

Well, for me :

My BJ42 : The Primitive Best
My HJ61 : L'Amiral (Admiral)
MYy HDJ100 : Le Grand Duc (The Great Duke)

I feel important to give a name since my Cruisers are part of my family and it is always nice to say to the other, I've been there with The Great Duke or I drove there with The Admiral. All of theme are male ! ;)

View attachment 2071486

Yeah I felt like naming a car wasn’t as weird as the above were making it out to be...

I don't really name my stuff either. We just refer to mine as 'the Toyota' typically. Original I know. Sometimes 'the H3ll B1tch' for all the busted knuckles its caused me or when I am pissed. More of a title than a name maybe. Sort of like 'The Director of Accounting' (personally nothing directs my accounting more than this thing - so much money!!). But you do you.

My father in law named mine back in 1987. He went with Pearl. Don’t know why, or how, since it’s always been dark metallic blue, but that’s what it is. I would assume it’s like a boat, changing names of a boat is a big no-no without the appropriate ceremony.

It involves Poseidon and several other lesser gods. I’d assume the fj renaming would/should be just as important.

I just use slang for mine depending on the conversation.

“Cruiser”
“Land Cruiser”
“Land Crusher”
“Crusher”
“Sixty”

I guess I never really say “FJ60” unless someone asks specifically what it is. “Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60.” Then I can drone on about all the different models and years they were available. :)

Blue guy (blue 1988 FJ62)
Clifford (red 1965 FJ40).... Clifford is a great name.. :D

The previous owner (my sister) named my '89 FJ62 Dan. I fine with that except, my father in law's name is Dan so we casually renamed it Elsey. Do you see what we did there?

Crumpy comes from the tree-size dent in the 100 fender that I got the first day wheeling it and the classic New Zealand Hilux "Crumpy and Scotty" commercial. Crumpy and Scotty

Daphne is named in honor of the coolest-ever FWD dog who loved wheeling too. And occasionally also had trouble with it.
Tk4YDIqaofJgHt0NKApvKHU5QqgJC0rLGf8iRR4rqbYYCSaK4wa68L8ulDFSE_cBjY9MNtnsXFun2Ay0Yu637m9jnaLNth6EmBf10k2j930qSks1yjNYm6AjjvlsbQIYilWTboU_waMdkQK1RoYFX37ybXPzFAnj_jQMpbHjM_qa4L791GH82UEtWvDPw_PUbcrMzelNuEzxO9pB_ek2C16SMCzl_Ve6tPv2m_HO0ePkgCAroP5GMrTQbdSCBFVBbwvbXF92AUQXGCYYIQwt5snLK7eqcI2fFhw2LVVuNkVLeh6dLY1SApWiUVGkV4wc_JBKOgJuIPIqF79RxCpjEYxHo0RCoK1ipblRJ6FIYyEi8WApKkfTtPU3YZbu4ZcbT89Lq_1qErRwfsV30rTsSCfhZ4eY88FoidlWj8KxnAlXd7fARw42XAK4Rj_cWONs6UWOZ83RQaWfnvBMNQPjY9qkSjbE-yX3ztNnz6QH43D02q7dof1Qye4pB_hA9uA_QOUlz2BtQsFHpIKrMyXVVMlIjexqXcEFCcBjTT8F89hxxExZnIV8AXu46FGUxy_LY_IgEkMo0W1yGjIf-CZywXEg2MQ28e3iUSxzXmsSjkkSDqPCQTmacK2UETHS6F-X9-IucVtPBiSLqSQAeBiijjQqoV4Mg1hfcrIejbRJiuTUDUAze-rhrw=w1010-h757-no

F95A2403-17A8-4A25-B4E6-451B73FE8098.jpeg

Snowball❄ because the project started to roll out of control.
Also because it’s white and I love snow... but mostly due to the diesel swap and SOA conversion.
Also due to the fact that as time went on Snowball❄️ just got bigger.
I learned not to push for a name they have to come on their own. When the SOA snowballed after the diesel swap that’s when Snowball❄ came to life.

View attachment 2071637
Snowball❄ because the project started to roll out of control.
Also because it’s white and I love snow... but mostly due to the diesel swap and SOA conversion.
Also due to the fact that as time went on Snowball❄ just got bigger.
I learned not to push for a name they have to come on their own. When the SOA snowballed after the diesel swap that’s when Snowball❄ came to life.

Great advice. :)

'71 FJ40 - "The '71"
'76 FJ40 - "The '76"
'82 FJ60 - "The '82" (sold)
'84 FJ60 - "The '84"
'86 FJ60 - "The '86"
'89 FJ62 - "The '89" (most of it went into "The '86", the rest is mostly in Texas - body is at Jimmy's (@CenTXFJ60) barn, frame is with @ceylonfj40nut

So I missed this thread. I like them simple as John did in the above post. Although there could be duplicate year models in the stable so I mostly go with the city name where I picked up the cruiser. Except for the 84 that has “Bert Toyota” on the tailgate. Easy guess as to what we call him. Then my primary 60 is called Frankenstein and for good reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom