Project Angus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I asked @roadstr6 to help find me a 60 and 23 minutes later....
IMG_3792.jpeg
IMG_3765.jpeg

I was looking for a project for me and my son; crockpot has been trouble free for two years so I hope this is something we can work on, swear at, and enjoy for many years. Thanks to John Whitley for parting with it.

"Angus"

Last edited:
IMG_3803.jpeg

Anyone got a battery tray for a 60?

Just spent a rather pleasant hour looking at @Hokie LX sandy the tan thread. I hope to generally copy that process

Whitley sold it?! Sob! Glad it stayed in the ONSC family. Great truck.

I asked @roadstr6 to help find me a 60 and 23 minutes later....
View attachment 3552921View attachment 3552922
I was looking for a project for me and my son; crockpot has been trouble free for two years so I hope this is something we can work on, swear at, and enjoy for many years. Thanks to John Whitley for parting with it.

"Angus"
That @roadstr6 guy is a bad influence, you should know that by now.

And on a side note of keepin it in the ONSC fam, our daughter is still rollin in your uncle's old blue es330. It had over 265k miles on it, chuggin along

That @roadstr6 guy is a bad influence, you should know that by now.

And on a side note of keepin it in the ONSC fam, our daughter is still rollin in your uncle's old blue es330. It had over 265k miles on it, chuggin along
it was actually my dads, i think he got it at 26k. He still asks about it

it was actually my dads, i think he got it at 26k. He still asks about it
Cool. I want to say.its at 264k or there abouts. About to get new springs and struts all around, and maybe the drivers seat recovered

The support bracket for the battery tray (74431-90A00) was also rusted out. Got an OEM tray coming but support bracket is NLA. Didn't see any solutions with a quick search.
IMG_3823.jpeg

Seems like a simple item to fab up, any other thoughts?

You should be able to duplicate that bracket with a piece of flat stock from Lowes. Just stick it in the bench vise, bend one end at a 45 and drill some mounting holes.

Last edited:
IMG_3833.jpeg
IMG_3832.jpeg
IMG_3836.jpeg
IMG_3828.jpeg

First bath in a while, clay bar, correction and polish. My wife volunteered to polish the chrome wheels, and only one broken bolt so far. Waiting on the alt and battery tray to be able to start driving it

Waiting on a few key parts so I took some time tondo some rust clean up. Truck is pretty clean except for some tot in the passenger front fender area
IMG_3843.png
IMG_3844.png
IMG_3846.jpeg
IMG_3850.jpeg
IMG_3842.jpeg

Got various parts cleaned, wire wheeled, and painted. Got a 134 drier and adapter, new alternator. Lots of PB and degreaser. Looks like sensors are broken off thermostats housing.
IMG_3905.jpeg
IMG_3908.jpeg
IMG_3907.jpeg
IMG_3909.jpeg
IMG_3910.jpeg

Battery terminals were rough, put on new terminals and rings. Thanks to @cruisermatt for the tray bracket. Tray should be here tomorrow so i can start putting around. Front shock lower bushings are gone so thats up next. Ive ordered 845 coolant hoses that should be fun. Going back to OE style City racer carb with factory box after that. Thanks to @roadstr6 for the daily Q&A. Going with 33x9.5s so if anyone is looking for some 31" KM3's let me know. Basically new and id love to have them sold before buying new ones.
IMG_3914.jpeg
IMG_3912.jpeg
IMG_3916.jpeg
IMG_3918.jpeg
IMG_3919.jpeg

The BVSV's in the thermostat housing are not necessary for your desmogged truck. Either get the socket head plugs from JimC or just leave them as is. It won't hurt a thing to leave them just like they are.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom