Project Angus (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Replaced the old ProComps withBilstein 5125. Had to enlarge the front lower bushing a bit. Front are 33-230412 and rear are 33-185606

Back went on real easy. New steering stabilizer, plugs, rotor, wires, dizzy cap. Got the rusted out battery tray fixed. 33x9.5 kendas go on tomorrow

IMG_1361.jpeg
IMG_3989.jpeg
IMG_3988.jpeg
IMG_3984.jpeg
IMG_3987.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_3986.jpeg
IMG_3985.jpeg
IMG_3961.jpeg
IMG_3930.jpeg

Tractor tires on 33x9.5 Kendas

IMG_3995.jpeg
IMG_3996.jpeg

nice progress for sure! I don't know if it holds true, but I thought Bilstein shocks made it to where their name would be upright once the shocks were installed. I could be incorrect though.

nice progress for sure! I don't know if it holds true, but I thought Bilstein shocks made it to where their name would be upright once the shocks were installed. I could be incorrect though.
You are not, i am an idiot. 🤦‍♂️. I actually thought about it too before i did it...

AFAIK it doesn't matter which way monotube shocks are mounted. Whichever provides the most clearance.

In theory they're best mounted with the tubes up so crud doesn't build up against the exterior shaft seal, but eh.

The Bilsteins are fine to be mounted either way. I usually try to mount mine with the big end on top for the same reason Johnny said. They shed dirt better that way. I usually leave off the crud catcher boots as well.

Last edited:
New carpet from @dnp new dash cap.
IMG_4006.jpeg
IMG_4003.jpeg
IMG_4004.jpeg
IMG_4008.jpeg
IMG_4010.jpeg

Last edited:
Got halfway through the audio install. Kicker 75x4 for the 6.5 components in the back and 5 1/4 ip front. Kicker 300 for the comp VR.
IMG_4012.jpeg

Also found this when I was dropping the Tcase lever. Looks like when they did the SR the clearanced the crossmember for the driveshaft. When i get bold ill probably drop it and try to box it up a bit
IMG_3999.jpeg
IMG_4001.jpeg

I did end up switching the shocks around. The black boots have weep holes at the bottom for water to drain out. Thanks for catching it, hopefully prevent issues down the line.

I found a 00 shotgun shell, a turkey hunting permit, hand written message from the original owner, framing nails, Eagles greatest hits cd, and $2.45 in random coins.

Looks great! Awesome work. Any insights on treating surface rust. Wire brush and then what do you reommend? The 100 needs some rust treatments for sure.

Looks great! Awesome work. Any insights on treating surface rust. Wire brush and then what do you reommend? The 100 needs some rust treatments for sure.
The frame is in great shape with just minor surface rust. @Hokie LX did a great job documenting his rust remediation. I plan to take a similar route. Fortunately/unfortunately every major oil seal seems to be leaking so there has been some good rust prevention over the years. Everytime Im under the truck i spray blaster or rust resolver on something. No major cancer so just plan to do what I can when I can.

New 3rd gen 4runner wiper arms and hood strut kit from @c2dfj45. Been able to drive it the last few days. Its been enjoyable.
IMG_4071.jpeg
IMG_4070.jpeg
IMG_4069.jpeg
IMG_4055.jpeg
IMG_4051.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom