Project Angus

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

IMG_5857.jpeg


I just finished a clutch/rms/tcase rebuild. It’s a lot but not $4k a lot. You’ll need a trans jack, lots of brake cleaner, and a hydraulic press with some special bearing pullers to do the bearing work inside the tcase. If yours is an 85-87, you can bolt the trans mount directly to the jack which avoids the balancing act I had to do on my 84.

I followed a combo of the OTRAMM and Valley Hybrids YouTube videos, although both of those are for vacuum tcase on a 62 with and H55 attached, but almost all details are the same.
 
We’ll get that wheel centered. No worries. Glad to help. I mostly just piss coffee in the morning. Check your toilet. I think I forgot to flush.
 
Last edited:
I assume the crossmember got notched with the shackle reversal to clear the driveshaft. Id like to address this. Its my understanding early 60's had a double cardon drive shaft does not. Im curious if i can find an early 60 do we think the extra length of the double cardon joint would give enough clearance to a new crossmember. I would have to change the flange on the pinion and the Tcase so that probably doesnt make sense. I could get one made up as well. The other option is to just clean and box up this crossmember. Any thoughts?
IMG_5793.jpeg
IMG_5792.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Early/late 60's had different length driveshafts both front and rear due to the spacer on the transmission, i.e. the crossmembers are in a different spot on the frame. Probably easier to get a front DC driveshaft made.
 
You could try a Tacoma rear drive shaft. They are double Cardon. Perhaps it will fit or be modified to fit your 60
That might be worth a try. I think late model 60's are 66x66 which, I think, 2nd gen Tacoma's are as well
 
Back
Top Bottom