Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (27 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Pit Bull Rockers are pretty fantastic.
Starting to tire shop. Debating between some used but low mile KM2s (40x14.5-17) or new Patagonia Milestar MTs (40x13.5-17) The only reason I’m considering the KM2 is they come in a 14.5 inch width which I sort of like and thats what’s currently on the truck. I think they are from the end of the production run (around 2015). Thoughts?

Pit Bull Rockers are pretty fantastic.

I need something dual purpose that’s really road friendly as well. The Milestars are just over $300 a piece on Walmart.com and they get good reviews online. Anyone use them???

I was considering the Maxxis Treps as well. I’ll have to check out the other Maxxis tires and the Pitbulls. I’ve heard good things about Pitbull tires but not sure about they do on the road.
I swapped out one of the wheels for the spare due to a slow leak last week (if it had a matching beadlock wheel I’d probably not give it much thought, but who doesn’t like having all their wheels match????) I’ll looked over the other tires pretty well and there are a couple decent sidewall cuts that make me hesitant to knock too many highway miles out. I really Iike the stance of the KM2s but used tires are still used tires

I’ve had the Patagonia’s. They do surprising well off road and their on road manners are satisfactory. It’s an aggressive tire after all. Keep in mind that 80s are heavy; mine (daily driven) ate through a set in less than three years. Keep up a regular rotation schedule with proper psi and they will last. Should do the same with any tire but the Patagonias suffer if you don’t adhere.

I need something dual purpose that’s really road friendly as well.

You ARE still talking about 40" tires, right? I'm just double checking... because, well, 40" tires and dual purpose. :rofl:

Did some work over the weekend rebuilt senorian steel lower arms and cleaned up the undercarriage a bit

AFA9E489-71C7-4C07-B297-F3E5672265CF.jpeg

D8732CB4-45D8-43EA-B89B-5CF008509013.jpeg

You ARE still talking about 40" tires, right? I'm just double checking... because, well, 40" tires and dual purpose. :rofl:
Well yeah and beadlocks. I know. It drives pretty well even with the old ass tires on there and some toe out (i need about 1-2 degrees toe in on a Dana 60 is my understanding)

Hi guys.

I got my gx460 last August 2019 and have been working it slowly. Finally got the cash to get most of the next batch of gear in my garage.

So far:
  • RSG Sliders
  • Victory4x4 Roof Rack
  • 17" Level8 Wheels on 265/75/r17 Toyo AT2

In the garage waiting to be installed:
  • Safari Snorkel
  • RCI Front Skids, Gas Tank, & Rear Links
  • Ironman Premium Offroad bumper
  • Front Recovery points
  • Smittybilt gen2 x20 10k winch
  • OME 883 Springs on AVS shocks for now
  • JWOffroad rear tire carrier
Planned:
  • 255/80/r17 cooper st maxx or kenda klever rt 33x10.5/r17 once I get my rear tire carrier and springs on
  • LRA long range fuel tank

Does anyone on here know how to weld aluminum and have the capability to do so?

You all probably remember me being salty over the last few weeks struggling with a master cylinder replacement and zero pedal. Ended up doing fresh pads and calipers too.

Thanks to @OTRAMM and Crash the 62 is back on the road. Stopped great in the 66 traffic back to DC.

The new Advics/Aisin master was bad. I didn’t even consider that cuz made in Japan/Aisin and I figured I messed something up being my first brake work. Glad it was just something simple and was nice having pros reassurance...cuz brakes.

The wife and I made a trip out of it and drank some wine by the fire at Early Mountain Vineyard.

Last edited:
You all probably remember me being salty over the last few weeks struggling with a master cylinder replacement and zero pedal. Ended up doing fresh pads and calipers too.

Thanks to @OTRAMM and Crash the 62 is back on the road. Stopped great in the 66 traffic back to DC.

The new Advics/Aisin booster was bad. I didn’t didn’t even consider that cuz made in Japan/Aisin and I figured I messed something up being my first brake work. Glad it was just something simple and was nice having pros reassurance...cuz brakes.

The wife and I made a trip out of it and drank some wine by the fire at Early Mountain Vineyard.
Nice! (Edit: not so nice about the aisin booster!) Saw your rig out there... got my front tie rod ends replaced to fix my shimmy and got the new timing belt and radiator in too. It turns out that uber to otramm from DC on a friday afternoon is not the cheapest. Lol... but still waaay worth it.

FE45F91D-8A73-47E6-8A86-FA5389173C0E.jpeg

Last edited:
Nice! Saw your rig out there... got my front tie rod ends replaced to fix my shimmy and got the new timing belt and radiator in too. It turns out that uber to otramm from DC on a friday afternoon is not the cheapest. Lol... but still waaay worth it.

View attachment 2225436

ouch, let’s coordinate next time. Still beats the NJ/NY and other far off plates I’ve seen in Ryan’s lot 😂

ouch, let’s coordinate next time. Still beats the NJ/NY and other far off plates I’ve seen in Ryan’s lot 😂
I actually thought about coordinating but I had to bail from my office when I could and had no way to predict when exactly. Let me know next time if your rig ends up out there again and maybe we can work out a ride share.

Nice! (Edit: not so nice about the aisin booster!) Saw your rig out there... got my front tie rod ends replaced to fix my shimmy and got the new timing belt and radiator in too. It turns out that uber to otramm from DC on a friday afternoon is not the cheapest. Lol... but still waaay worth it.

View attachment 2225436
Why a radiator?

Why a radiator?
Preventive 90-100k maintenance recommended by the GXOR crowd is timing belt, water pump, thermostat, thermostat gasket, idler pulley, tensioner, camshaft and crank shaft seals... apparently the radiators have a tendency to crack and leak at 100k+. And- my particular radiator didnt have lower radiator mounts on it!! Questionable maintenance by the previous owner and I assume it had been banged up quite a bit on trails and was on borrowed time. Also, @OTRAMM had a decent price on the radiator replacement.

That's why I don't hang out in any GXOR forums.
Are you saying the radiators don’t tend to leak?
Edit: I recommend a quick search on the 120 section of mud. Its a common issue as far as I can tell.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom