Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on? (14 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

A couple guys in the club have been trying to help me determine where the absolutely mind-numbing, horrific, stick-an-icepick-in-your-ear squeak that has been coming from Rhea's 100. It sounded almost like it was in the cabin, and worsened with bumps in the road. Well, after checking all sorts of bushings and suspension bits, it turns out to be the Cruisin' Offroad sliders hitting the floor:

IMG_3236.JPG

A couple guys in the club have been trying to help me determine where the absolutely mind-numbing, horrific, stick-an-icepick-in-your-ear squeak that has been coming from Rhea's 100. It sounded almost like it was in the cabin, and worsened with bumps in the road. Well, after checking all sorts of bushings and suspension bits, it turns out to be the Cruisin' Offroad sliders hitting the floor:

View attachment 2125287
nothing a BFH wont fix

Under coated the Tacoma today. In prep bought myself the 29 gallon 2hp compressor from HF. It gets really good reviews and didn't want to spend twice for a name brand when it probably comes down the same assembly line as this one. I used WoolWax and bought the 2 gallon pro kit that includes a nice gun and 2 containers. The guy is on here as a vendor (I think) and posted up a Mud discount coupon. The Tacoma only needed about a half gallon but I plan to spray the 80 too eventually. Unfortunately only cleaned off the FC mud today so couldn't spray it as well. It's pretty rusty though so might not until I can media blast under there first. Next time I do this I'm getting one of those full body Tyvek suits to wear. The WoolWax doesn't drip but the overspray falls to the ground and rolling around under the truck will get you covered in a this layer of the stuff. Luckily this stuff doesn't smell bad like FuildFilm. All in all I'm happy with the results.

IMG_20191111_152549304.jpg
IMG_20191111_152604656.jpg
IMG_20191111_152624631.jpg
IMG_20191111_152643778_HDR.jpg

Not sure if this is the same engine, but I looked at a Jetta...briefly until I found out that the cams, yes the cams were a wear item and need to be replaced...
May want to check on this.

It was only certain years.... I think 2004-2006, but I'm not 100%

Under coated the Tacoma today. In prep bought myself the 29 gallon 2hp compressor from HF. It gets really good reviews and didn't want to spend twice for a name brand when it probably comes down the same assembly line as this one. I used WoolWax and bought the 2 gallon pro kit that includes a nice gun and 2 containers. The guy is on here as a vendor (I think) and posted up a Mud discount coupon. The Tacoma only needed about a half gallon but I plan to spray the 80 too eventually. Unfortunately only cleaned off the FC mud today so couldn't spray it as well. It's pretty rusty though so might not until I can media blast under there first. Next time I do this I'm getting one of those full body Tyvek suits to wear. The WoolWax doesn't drip but the overspray falls to the ground and rolling around under the truck will get you covered in a this layer of the stuff. Luckily this stuff doesn't smell bad like FuildFilm. All in all I'm happy with the results.

View attachment 2130981View attachment 2130982View attachment 2130983View attachment 2130984
Wow, I have never seen such a clean, rust free vehicle! (I never really looked under a vehicle until I bought an 80 a few years back LOL).

Started my header swap in the Lexus is300 to pass emissions. I've had the header/front cats for almost a year and I pick a sleeting and frigid day to work on the ground.
The engine side nuts came off with kroil and patience. The downpipe connection however became one solid piece. Ok, double wrench didnt budge it, nor cherry hot fire and kroil combo. The recip saw, even with the carbide blades didn't like whatever iron mix of the Lexus pipes. Ground one nut off and hammered the shaft with a few good whacks.(see what I did there?) The other two nuts are in bad locations, so I did some google-fu and found nicer mid pipes/cat for $200 shipped by the end of this week.
As I get older, I'm less willing to do stupid dangerous stuff when there is a convenient solution.
Needless to say, I froze my wet butt off while upside-down and bathed in sparks
IMG_20191112_140834.jpg
IMG_20191112_140813.jpg
IMG_20191112_141001.jpg

Went up to Taskers Gap and did some chainsaw work. Lots of very nice oak on the ground for firewood if anyone is asking. Sadly also lots of trash. Mattresses burned up ATV and about 2 trash bags full of beer cans.

43BDBE0C-9A26-43F0-8D7B-FE6041CAC73A.jpeg

B0805E78-FC29-42AD-80E0-0B65F536575E.jpeg

D183E68D-0E89-465C-A4FE-35789216D7F4.jpeg

Had to take care of this today. Daughters Matrix had a blowout today on 81.
47253398-F7F6-4AAD-8FD4-39A4E1704C17.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom