Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

fjdemon

Pulsation starts at about 42mph then smooths out around 55; comes back around 70mph. It's a shake I can feel at my feet and can see the hood jumping. There is no vibration coming through the steering wheel, it`s movement that takes over the entire vehicle but moreso the front end. Also less apparent the colder it is outside. As the truck gets up to temp the pulsation is more aggressive.

New motor mounts and trans mount also in hand just in case...

Appreciate any thoughts
How are your u joints? Drive shafts?

DominicanFZJ80

Getting there...
U-Joints freshly replaced and driveshaft balanced. Well that's the rear... perhaps should do the same with the front, but it's only 2 years old and is the double cardan version....

Did it tell you it was out or was it like other diesels and you discover that the first cold day when it won't preheat and you have to coke it up to start it.
it gave me a CEL with an obvious code related to the module, but I of course chose to procrastinate until it actually got cold this week. It did not want to start that first cold day 🤣

fjdemon

Decided to do the valve covers, clean up the engine bay, paint the valve covers, etc. The valve covers have been insanely time-consuming, but being patient and taking the time has made them look great! The other side is drying, I put about four coats of paint and then about three to four coats of clear.

signal-2019-11-24-105719.jpg

IMG_20191124_115259.jpg
IMG_20191124_090544.jpg
IMG_20191124_090818.jpg

Top Bottom