Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

JohnVee

SILVER Star
It was easier for me to just manually program each radio. Takes about one beer around a campfire per radio to load the club uses freqs.
I hear ya, but I'm trying to start a new chapter in my life...one that isn't ruled by six strings and vacuum tube technology...not to mention I'm kind of a dim bulb. I'll try your method for the next one.

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

I spent way too long with CHIRP last night. I did manage to get it installed on my macbook but I can't figure out what the USB ports are named and the only options it gave me were both "bluetooth", so it obviously wasn't gonna see the radio. Eventually got it installed on my PC laptop (what a nightmare for a mac guy) and it recognized the radio! However, I have 3 versions of UV-5R and it only recognizes 2 of them! Biggest problem is that I don't have Office on it (not worth explaining here) so I couldn't import the CLCC file. I figured it was better to learn to do it manually anyway. Certain items would erase themselves once I moved to the next field but I was able to successfully alter 2 radios to the majority of the club file specs and they did indeed TX/RX with each other! I'll pick Ed's and John's brains at FC because I'm certain the fault is all my own. Damn technology. I'm also hoping to use my newfound (somewhat-) understanding of radios to allow my Midland GMRS/FRS to communicate on the club freq's. Just because. Go ahead and let me know now if that's not gonna be possible, please!
I can bring my laptop to FC to program it.

fjman

Finally replaced the original muffler and midpipe on the LX. Lexus quiet again! Also stopped by the dealership today for a new battery for the 62

Here is the gunk that was Jack's parking brake:

Parking Brake.JPG

Thanks to @Stumpalama for providing a donor transfer case output housing and to @OTRAMM for reaming it out for an extra seal. It now holds the 40 in place. Amazing what a lubricant-free brake can do.

Question though--the shim that was between the transfer case output shaft nut and washer was trash. Do I need to find another of the same thickness? I can't even figure out what it is shimming.

Also, thanks to @fireball for the nifty tailgate cover for Rhea's 100. We can now make sushi in the woods.

Tail Gate Cover.JPG

Stumpalama

Forum Junkie
SILVER Star

Here is the gunk that was Jack's parking brake:

View attachment 2123880

Thanks to @Stumpalama for providing a donor transfer case output housing and to @OTRAMM for reaming it out for an extra seal. It now holds the 40 in place. Amazing what a lubricant-free brake can do.

Question though--the shim that was between the transfer case output shaft nut and washer was trash. Do I need to find another of the same thickness? I can't even figure out what it is shimming.

Also, thanks to @fireball for the nifty tailgate cover for Rhea's 100. We can now make sushi in the woods.

View attachment 2123881
I’d say you need that shim... it’s in the FSM and it sets the bearing preload...
Steps 12-16 here:

A couple guys in the club have been trying to help me determine where the absolutely mind-numbing, horrific, stick-an-icepick-in-your-ear squeak that has been coming from Rhea's 100. It sounded almost like it was in the cabin, and worsened with bumps in the road. Well, after checking all sorts of bushings and suspension bits, it turns out to be the Cruisin' Offroad sliders hitting the floor:

IMG_3236.JPG

mwalls54

Cruiser Nutjob
SILVER Star

A couple guys in the club have been trying to help me determine where the absolutely mind-numbing, horrific, stick-an-icepick-in-your-ear squeak that has been coming from Rhea's 100. It sounded almost like it was in the cabin, and worsened with bumps in the road. Well, after checking all sorts of bushings and suspension bits, it turns out to be the Cruisin' Offroad sliders hitting the floor:

View attachment 2125287
nothing a BFH wont fix

iptman

Under coated the Tacoma today. In prep bought myself the 29 gallon 2hp compressor from HF. It gets really good reviews and didn't want to spend twice for a name brand when it probably comes down the same assembly line as this one. I used WoolWax and bought the 2 gallon pro kit that includes a nice gun and 2 containers. The guy is on here as a vendor (I think) and posted up a Mud discount coupon. The Tacoma only needed about a half gallon but I plan to spray the 80 too eventually. Unfortunately only cleaned off the FC mud today so couldn't spray it as well. It's pretty rusty though so might not until I can media blast under there first. Next time I do this I'm getting one of those full body Tyvek suits to wear. The WoolWax doesn't drip but the overspray falls to the ground and rolling around under the truck will get you covered in a this layer of the stuff. Luckily this stuff doesn't smell bad like FuildFilm. All in all I'm happy with the results.

IMG_20191111_152549304.jpg
IMG_20191111_152604656.jpg
IMG_20191111_152624631.jpg
IMG_20191111_152643778_HDR.jpg

1MOA

SILVER Star
Top Bottom