Pretty quiet in here... what are you working on?

fjdemon

Not sure if this is the same engine, but I looked at a Jetta...briefly until I found out that the cams, yes the cams were a wear item and need to be replaced...
May want to check on this.
It was only certain years.... I think 2004-2006, but I'm not 100%

sly

Under coated the Tacoma today. In prep bought myself the 29 gallon 2hp compressor from HF. It gets really good reviews and didn't want to spend twice for a name brand when it probably comes down the same assembly line as this one. I used WoolWax and bought the 2 gallon pro kit that includes a nice gun and 2 containers. The guy is on here as a vendor (I think) and posted up a Mud discount coupon. The Tacoma only needed about a half gallon but I plan to spray the 80 too eventually. Unfortunately only cleaned off the FC mud today so couldn't spray it as well. It's pretty rusty though so might not until I can media blast under there first. Next time I do this I'm getting one of those full body Tyvek suits to wear. The WoolWax doesn't drip but the overspray falls to the ground and rolling around under the truck will get you covered in a this layer of the stuff. Luckily this stuff doesn't smell bad like FuildFilm. All in all I'm happy with the results.

View attachment 2130981View attachment 2130982View attachment 2130983View attachment 2130984
Wow, I have never seen such a clean, rust free vehicle! (I never really looked under a vehicle until I bought an 80 a few years back LOL).

Devilmans Hand

TLCA #19517

Started my header swap in the Lexus is300 to pass emissions. I've had the header/front cats for almost a year and I pick a sleeting and frigid day to work on the ground.
The engine side nuts came off with kroil and patience. The downpipe connection however became one solid piece. Ok, double wrench didnt budge it, nor cherry hot fire and kroil combo. The recip saw, even with the carbide blades didn't like whatever iron mix of the Lexus pipes. Ground one nut off and hammered the shaft with a few good whacks.(see what I did there?) The other two nuts are in bad locations, so I did some google-fu and found nicer mid pipes/cat for $200 shipped by the end of this week.
As I get older, I'm less willing to do stupid dangerous stuff when there is a convenient solution.
Needless to say, I froze my wet butt off while upside-down and bathed in sparks
IMG_20191112_140834.jpg
IMG_20191112_140813.jpg
IMG_20191112_141001.jpg

DominicanFZJ80

Getting there...
Just exploring the world of Instagram. Started my build story and will be adding little by little as I locate photos taken of my journey from then until now. If you're interested: m_i_adventures

Oh, also sill throwing parts at a speed pulsation (not a vibration or wobble).
So far have replaced: Wheels and Tires (balanced checked twice now), Steering Stabilizer, Front Shocks.
About to Try: Replacing front sway bar rubbers, rebuild parking brake (hear they can get sloppy), rebalance at a different shop, re-align front end.

Wish me luck......:bang:

fjdemon

Just exploring the world of Instagram. Started my build story and will be adding little by little as I locate photos taken of my journey from then until now. If you're interested: m_i_adventures

Oh, also sill throwing parts at a speed pulsation (not a vibration or wobble).
So far have replaced: Wheels and Tires (balanced checked twice now), Steering Stabilizer, Front Shocks.
About to Try: Replacing front sway bar rubbers, rebuild parking brake (hear they can get sloppy), rebalance at a different shop, re-align front end.

Wish me luck......:bang:
What is it doing?

I had to do the high pressure fuel pump on my F25 a few months ago. I hate working on newer BMW, especially if the intake manifold has to come off.
I feel your pain. I couldn’t even get the intake completely off, that’s why it’s propped up in the picture. There’s one of those impossible to remove BMW electrical connectors on the rear of the intake that I can barely see. I gave up before I broke it and decided the intake didn’t actually have to come off for this job 🤣

I feel your pain. I couldn’t even get the intake completely off, that’s why it’s propped up in the picture. There’s one of those impossible to remove BMW electrical connectors on the rear of the intake that I can barely see. I gave up before I broke it and decided the intake didn’t actually have to come off for this job 🤣
I cracked that connection, but it still works. I had to unplug it to install my JB4 tuner. I also upgraded the boost and charge pipes as well as the intake. It's definitely quicker now, and I haven't even changed it from the stock map.

I canceled my order for the seat adapters, since they were backordered and I wasn't willing to wait for them. I bought the Rago Fabrication modular storage panels instead. They're on sale right now.

1MOA

SILVER Star
I replaced a glow plug module (hell) on my e70 x5d yesterday , and took a little trip to Reddish and Flagpole Knob on Monday.
Did it tell you it was out or was it like other diesels and you discover that the first cold day when it won't preheat and you have to coke it up to start it.

DominicanFZJ80

Getting there...
What is it doing?
Pulsation starts at about 42mph then smooths out around 55; comes back around 70mph. It's a shake I can feel at my feet and can see the hood jumping. There is no vibration coming through the steering wheel, it`s movement that takes over the entire vehicle but moreso the front end. Also less apparent the colder it is outside. As the truck gets up to temp the pulsation is more aggressive.

New motor mounts and trans mount also in hand just in case...

Appreciate any thoughts

Top Bottom