Builds POTM - March, 2014 - Javelina By Pablo Cruise (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Still good?? 🤔😉
All good.
I forgot to mention that the cat helped me bleed the system.
He stuffed the armadillo under the wheel as a chock, so we could tell when the clutch was disengaged.

Last edited:
I keep wanting to get in here and finish adding bookmarks, but still not done.

Last weekend I got the Pig out and @FJBen and I ran to the last Cars & Coffee of the year:

1698622507851.png

1698622544884.png

16 years ago this week - 2008 - I put down $$$ and bought the Pig!
Same time frame I bought my first one. Predecessor to the Frankencruiser.

It was April of '08 when I drove my first Pig home from Prescott AZ. Should have kept it. That's original paint except for the passenger rear corner. One quarter-sized spot of rust in a tailgate corner. Paid $5950 and thought I overpaid! Somewhere I have some pics of our two Pigs together at a Rising Sun swap meet a few years ago.

Toyota 1.jpg

Last edited:
It was April of '08 when I drove my first Pig home from Prescott AZ. Should have kept it. That's original paint except for the passenger rear corner. One quarter-sized spot of rust in a tailgate corner. Paid $5950 and thought I overpaid! Somewhere I have some pics of our two Pigs together at a Rising Sun swap meet a few years ago.

View attachment 3556725
Wow Jim, I could see keeping that little Piggy for sure! Is that a late '72/early '73? Oh well, I am sure it was a good idea at the time to sell it.

Let me see if I can find pics of our Pigs at the RS Rally...

A while back I was saying I had some documents from the POs in the glove box when I took possession of the Pig.

Then they went missing, I was bummed.

Not too long ago I was flipping through my manual for a '88 FJ62 (for the 3FE in the Pig) and I found the docs!!!

There was a registration & insurance from 1986. Then there is a signed form certifying that the Pig had not been operational since 1990 dated 25 Nov 1995. The same day it was sold.
On 08 Dec, 1995, Karl Malone Toyota of Albuquerque drained the tank, flushed the fuel lines and replaced the fuel filter. The ticket states, "started and ran for a very short time, and quit. Believe engine locked up."
14 Jun 1996 there is a Service Order from Grant Harvey Sales - Used Toyotas, in ABQ. The carbon had been written over a few times, so I can't read it, but the total was $600. Maybe it was sold then? IDK...

A while back I was saying I had some documents from the POs in the glove box when I took possession of the Pig.

Then they went missing, I was bummed.

Not too long ago I was flipping through my manual for a '88 FJ62 (for the 3FE in the Pig) and I found the docs!!!

There was a registration & insurance from 1986. Then there is a signed form certifying that the Pig had not been operational since 1990 dated 25 Nov 1995. The same day it was sold.
On 08 Dec, 1995, Karl Malone Toyota of Albuquerque drained the tank, flushed the fuel lines and replaced the fuel filter. The ticket states, "started and ran for a very short time, and quit. Believe engine locked up."
14 Jun 1996 there is a Service Order from Grant Harvey Sales - Used Toyotas, in ABQ. The carbon had been written over a few times, so I can't read it, but the total was $600. Maybe it was sold then? IDK...
I scanned these in, it looks like they imported as PDFs.
Not sure if PDFs will show up like an image?
Let's find out...

Attachments

• Pig Orig Docs_2024-02-12_193533.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 9
  • Pig Orig Docs_2024-02-12_193850.pdf
    1.8 MB · Views: 15

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom