Builds Outsane/Solvefunction/Cruisin2Camp Build (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Installed a radius fab snorkel I got from Long Range America.

View attachment 3592397

View attachment 3592398

View attachment 3592399

View attachment 3592400
Holes and clearance left from the ebay snorkel

View attachment 3592401

Thus us the temp fix for the connection from the tube to airbox
That’s a good idea for a connection. I got that same long entry snorkel and just couldn’t get the silicone to connect to my airbox so I got a mid entry instead and will try again. Mind sharing a pic of the connection from snorkel to airbox?

That’s a good idea for a connection. I got that same long entry snorkel and just couldn’t get the silicone to connect to my airbox so I got a mid entry instead and will try again. Mind sharing a pic of the connection from snorkel to airbox?
This is the current connection.

There are plans to make a full 4in connection that will require some cutting.

20240328_073232.jpg

Drove 1000 miles or so to Las Vegas and back.

On the way there I could feel a miss fire that was intermittent.

P0300

Pulled over checked spark plug wires and distributor cap for any loose connections.

Didn't find anything kept driving, bad gas maybe?

Then it got worse and more consistent...
Crud.. started calling auto parts stores on the way. For plug wires and ignition parts.

P0306

Ok so now the misfire is one cylinder .. head gasket, spark plug.

P0171-Lean bank 1
Pull over 2 min from orielly at a Lenmoore high-school parking lot where they have plug wires. Look again in the engine bay for issues.

20240329_163605.jpg

There you are you glorious Mother trucker!

This is to the jumper for injector #6

20240329_164802.jpg

For the upgraded fuel injectors.

my kid had to poop.

20240329_165905.jpg

Recrimped the wire while getting rained on.

Ran strong to Vegas and back home.

Having the ultragauge helped a ton to give me insight into the issue.

Outsane, The rear hitch should not be used for much towing. That 4 bolt bracket ties the two rear bumpers together. No link to a frame member. If memory serves. Plz. double check.
I didn't use it for towing, just holding bike racks

The rear upper link mount to the frame had some slop in it. I used a bolt that was too small in diameter and was supposed to replace it and never did about 40k ago.

20240331_132235.jpg
20240331_134447.jpg
20240331_143820.jpg

I made some plates and welded them in.

Also replaced the printed bushings. They were all dry and not as tight. The continous rotation had worn away the tpu so the insert had some space.

oh boy.. ive listened to all the podcasts about this, seen it on IG too, but looking at it here makes it worse.. I'm glad youre okay. Ive also seen your repair strategy/parts too, itll be a bittersweet time, but itll be better once its done..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom