Builds Ole Blue 60 gets a fresh start- EFI and more (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Game changer

🤣 I’m a retro stripes homer. R2D2-60 and ol’ Blue were on opposite ends of that spectrum...now they’re bumping up against each other. Colorway of your stripes couldn’t be better...

Fun story. I have an Instagram page called 89nOlder and some random guy told me he wanted to send me some retro Cruiser World stripes he purchased for a 60 he never closed the deal on. I said sure and a month later they landed here via England. I had no idea where he was from and knowing international shipping I was pretty touched this guy would send the stripes to me.
Today I took Ole Blue in for some 75% ceramic tint and had the stripes with me. The tint shop said “absolutely” and I had them installed......

I love it.

View attachment 2638695

View attachment 2638696

View attachment 2638699
Oh my! Yes x10 😍

Man, those new strips really look great!

How nice of the older gentleman to send those along to you. It’s refreshing to hear stories like this! Thanks for posting about it!

I pulled my rear driveshaft today. Going to take it to the pros and have them install some new Matsuba’s I got from Kurt and balance me up. I’ve got a little hum vibration that I think is the driveshaft happening

EA2D541D-BD43-4F85-8A19-D0DDA3EFF551.jpeg

It’s likely the change in pinion angle from the lift. Mine died 500 miles after the lift was installed.

It’s likely the change in pinion angle from the lift. Mine died 500 miles after the lift was installed.

It was pre lift I had the vibration too but yea, if it’s there after the Ujoint change that’s a good call. I’ll shim it when I install my flip kit.

Kind of embarrassing....I drove all the way to the driveline shop and plopped my driveshaft on the table and he says “did you take the slip yoke off?”

nope.

It’s one click off phase.

Not sure when I did that.

I left it anyway. I figure 245,000 miles is plenty on those joints.

It happens to the best of us. I had my driveshaft in backwards at one point, don’t know when I did that. Didn’t notice til classic cruisers looked under my truck. Those late nights laying on concrete and dirt got to me.

It happens to the best of us. I had my driveshaft in backwards at one point, don’t know when I did that. Didn’t notice til classic cruisers looked under my truck. Those late nights laying on concrete and dirt got to me.
I’ve seen the man himself with the initials JC who was born on December 25th say that the slip can go on either end

I’ve seen the man himself with the initials JC who was born on December 25th say that the slip can go on either end
I don't know JC, but I play him on teh interwebs.

Driveshaft in a typical single cardan setup can go either way.
Advantages to slip at top:
Slip is farther from rocks.
Slip is farther from water.

Advantages to slip down:
Water will drain/pump out of slip.
Slip is smaller in diameter, gives a scoosh more clearance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom