New dissent offroad no cut rear bumper! (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Does anyone have any pics or details they can share of their accessory panel/ladder? I'm currently planning on creating a weather resistant "box" (or just very lightly shielded box) out of the lower half for a battery and ARB compressor. I'm curious what others have done.

1588614176169.png

Does anyone have any pics or details they can share of their accessory panel/ladder? I'm currently planning on creating a weather resistant "box" (or just very lightly shielded box) out of the lower half for a battery and ARB compressor. I'm curious what others have done.

View attachment 2295186

I like that idea a LOT!

Cool idea @suprarx7nut just buy a sheet of ABS plastic and bend it to shape around your gear. I'd want that stuff out of sight to keep honest folks honest. Maybe plumb the compressor connection out the side of the "ladder/enclosure" leaving the compressor and battery hidden. The wire management is the only foreseeable hassle with that design. Buy QUALITY cable that can take the bend cycle it will be up against in that location.

Cool idea @suprarx7nut just buy a sheet of ABS plastic and bend it to shape around your gear. I'd want that stuff out of sight to keep honest folks honest. Maybe plumb the compressor connection out the side of the "ladder/enclosure" leaving the compressor and battery hidden. The wire management is the only foreseeable hassle with that design. Buy QUALITY cable that can take the bend cycle it will be up against in that location.

Thanks. Yes, I think it will all be pretty well hidden as is. I bought some clear polycarbonate today from McMaster to put together a bottom, top and lid. I should be able to put a little padlock on it if needed.

I've got some 6AWG welding cable that will provide the power for the compressor and then a bunch of mil-spec tefzel wire (12 and 16 awg). I think I'll try to use some flexible cable tray stuff like they use on CNCs. That should keep the wires nicely protected.

I really love the accessory panel design. Looks awesome and is very rigid. It creates a good amount of "hidden" storage.

I think it’s in this thread but I couldn’t read everything or missed it - is the 6500 pound towing capacity retained safely with this bumper? It looks great and I’d love it but I do tow a trailer.

@benc

No, however the max capacity is not an issue with the provided tow package. Also through bolts can be added that would likely increase the capacity beyond the factory tow hitch.

I forgot I can search within a thread for text, rather than the whole 100 forum. I found the post above which answers my towing question - 6500 lb factory tow rating is retaining with this bumper and "tow package" (is that an option or standard?).

AND fit spare tire under truck still? Very tempting for my needs.

I forgot I can search within a thread for text, rather than the whole 100 forum. I found the post above which answers my towing question - 6500 lb factory tow rating is retaining with this bumper and "tow package" (is that an option or standard?).

AND fit spare tire under truck still? Very tempting for my needs.
From all of the pictures I've seen, it appears that the spare tire area is retained. I'm going to run two spares in that case

Last edited:
In the middle of installing this, any ideas on mounting a hi-lift to it?
Btw, its a beast! I may hate two swing-outs every time I need to open rear door/hatch but it looks great though.

Thanks for the reply. I don't have it, is it optional?
I need to contact Ben at @Dissent I guess

I would reach out, I received it after I installed my bumper and at the time he was still fine tuning the mount. Good luck!

Does anyone have an extra swingout strut by chance? I had one snap and the website doesn’t have the part available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom