AirDownGearUp SS1: Storage, Sleeper and Drawer System for 100 series (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD | ADGU
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.yotamd.com
This system as it stands is the result of two enthusiasts seeking more functionality from the 100 series cargo area with a smaller investment and more versatility than the existing product offerings. The system is lightweight and designed to be a bolt in, plug and play product with the ability to add-on your desired upgrades (drawers, sleeper addition, lighting, variable height all coming soon).

Bullet Points:

• Lightweight - 30 lbs total for the base system
  • 100% CAD designed and CNC'd
  • Install and Removal time is roughly 5 minutes with ONE person
  • Drawer Option (lock in, lock out, 100% extension)
  • Sleeper Option
  • Baltic Birch
  • SS Hardware Throughout
  • Black anodized aluminum uprights
  • Stores Carry-on sized baggage perfectly under the platform
  • Safely secures loose cargo
  • Dog friendly
  • Carpet Ready
  • Rattle-free Design
  • Most the benefit (if not more with added flexibility) of complex drawer systems at a fraction of the cost, weight and install time

Input is welcome in this thread. Our aim is to meet the needs of most 100 series owners - Mall cruisers, trail regulars and everyone in between. If something's missing that you think needs to be there, let us know!

Group Buy:

To give the product a warm welcome to the 'mud crowd we're hoping to do a discounted group buy for forum members. The group buy will begin shortly and will have a small paid deposit.

Group buy period is over, but the product is available for purchase at the link below:
100 Series Land Cruiser & LX470 - https://www.airdowngearup.com/collections/frontpage

DSC_0667.JPG

DSC_0620.JPG

DSC_0648.JPG

www.airdowngearup.com

Last edited:
I like the design. This is something I have been looking for/thinking about. Any idea of what the price may be?

Keep up the good work!
Sean

I like this - more than drawers. As cool and functional as the drawer systems are, they pretty much kill the non-wheeling/camping "utility" aspect of the truck. This system looks like it'd be much easier to put in / take out - for that 99% time my 100 is just my DD and family hauler.

Also curious about cost.

Interested, need cost and options info, also maybe some more detail shots of the platform, hardware, any hinges and materials used?

Looks interesting, love the idea of install/removal in 5 min!

I like the design. This is something I have been looking for/thinking about. Any idea of what the price may be?

Keep up the good work!
Sean

Right now our aim is a discounted group buy price of $550+shipping. That is likely about $100 off long term pricing.

I like it
Thanks!
I like this - more than drawers. As cool and functional as the drawer systems are, they pretty much kill the non-wheeling/camping "utility" aspect of the truck. This system looks like it'd be much easier to put in / take out - for that 99% time my 100 is just my DD and family hauler.

Also curious about cost.

That's exactly where the two of us were. We liked the drawers - but you lose the ability to quickly change over to hauling something home from Home Depot, Costco or Craigslist. I initially wanted this storage system for trail driving and camping/sleeping, but it's actually come in more handy for day-to-day stuff. It's really nice to have a segregated area for groceries, coolers and loose "stuff" that's visually hidden and physically secured.

Pricing above.

Interested, need cost and options info, also maybe some more detail shots of the platform, hardware, any hinges and materials used?

Looks interesting, love the idea of install/removal in 5 min!

Pricing above, aiming for $550+ shipping for the initial launch. Sleeper addition would be extra, but we haven't determined exact pricing yet. More detailed shots are on the way.

Install timing was critical in the project. It had to be quick so it's no biggie to pull it out and regain all that cargo space as needed.

Can you post photos of what it looks like outside of the vehicle? Thanks.

I like the simplicity and flexibility. Making the top out of some type of expanded or grid metal to provide attachment point needed to secure items on the top of the platform. Depending on how and what is loaded on top I would question the 8mm bolted attachment points used for the securing the system.

That looks pretty awesome. I'd like to see a few more details of the sleeping platform and how that works, but definitely interested. What kind of time frame are you thinking on the group buy? I'll be in Colorado at the end of June and could possibly pick up then if timing works out

Very nice idea. Like other, highly interested and awaiting further details/specifics/pics. Sub'd.

Potentially interested.
I like the concept. I'd like to see more detailed photos and a video of how it goes together, and how it handles loads and bumpy roads. Does it rattle? Etc.

Input is welcome in this thread. Our aim is to meet the needs of most 100 series owners - Mall cruisers, trail regulars and everyone in between. If something's missing that you think needs to be there, let us know!

DSC_0667.JPG

DSC_0620.JPG

DSC_0648.JPG

I like it so much that I had someone built it for my 80. I had the posts very close to the panels in order to maximize storage area. The whole platform is mounted to the factory 3rd row seat mounting holes.

platform1.jpg

platform2.jpg

Last edited:
I like the weight reduction aspect of this whole system. Nice work.

If I was a buyer, I'd want to know more about the support structure. I see the vertical posts but can't see the horizontal sections.

Hi Everyone, my name is Kyle Bell and together Andy and I have developed this storage and sleeper system. Him and his wife just welcomed a new baby (woohoo!) so i'll be jumping in to handle this thread for awhile. First some more detailed pictures of the system:

Anchor Compressed.jpg

Front anchor.jpg

Front anchors.jpg

Deployed sleeper.jpg

Underside Compressed.jpg

This system is secured to the vehicle using the 4 existing d-ring anchors in the cargo area. The sleeper portion folds out flat at the exact height of the rear seats, creating a 6 foot long sleeping area. The 'trick' to this system has been in the carefully designed tiedowns that put the entire system into tension. The angles of the tiedown anchors were specifically designed to 'lock' each other into place. I'll post up a video soon showing that you can shake the vehicle with the platform before you see any deflection of the platform itself.

The platform was built with considerations to access all existing storage. With the wings folded up, you can retain access to the passenger side cubbies, the drivers side tool/jack compartment and critically important for storage while sleeping: the 3rd row cupholder! (one of our more proud achievements! haha)

Cupholder cutout.jpg

passenger compartment accessibility.jpg

Tool Jack Access.jpg

A few pictures of the unit outside the vehicle. The truly eagle-eyed may notice some stainless steel fasteners on the underside of the hinge attachment. These will be coated in the production units, but were added after-the-fact in this particular unit (simply ran out of prop nuts during the initial build!) This is another 'trick' to the system. All of the mounting points are secured using appropriately sized threaded prop-nuts, again allowing us to lock everything together in compression/tension.

folded outside vehicle.jpg

Partially deployed outside vehicle.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom