No-Cut Modifications (Bumpers, Roof Rack, Skids, Sliders) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I recently purchased a stock 2005. The truck is in great condition. I plan on building the truck out with bumpers, roof rack, sliders, and skids. However, I do not want to do any cutting, grinding, or drilling as part of the installs. In short, I would like the option of returning the truck to its stock condition down the road.

I understand my options are limited. I do not believe the TMJ T-13 requires cutting/grinding to install. Similarly, the Dissent V3 rear bumper does not require any cutting/grinding/drilling. Dissent skids require slight drilling. The Gamiviti roof rack seems to be a simple install. Slee sliders do not require any cutting/grinding.

I want to make sure I am not completely off after reading through threads and install instructions. Also I am open to exploring other options and any insight from others with experience. Thanks in advance.

Dissent bumpers, rock sliders.
Thanks. I spoke with Dissent and their front bumpers require cutting and removal of the crash bar. This would make it impossible to return the truck to its stock condition down the road.

Dissent rear is only without cutting with the regular hitch. High clearance hitch requires cutting of the rear cross member.

Based on what I saw I would even say no roof rack requires drilling/ cutting as it always mounts into the existing roof rack positions.

Regarding drilling in general:
I'd not be afraid about drilling. It's just an additional hole which doesn't keep you from going back to stock.

ARB. It’s the OG. Front or rear.
Eezi Awn K9 rack. No drill. No fuss
Asfir skids. No drill.
Owl mudflap delete.

I’ve got an 06 w AHC and King springs. It’s all bolt on stuff.

IMG_0105.jpeg

The '03+ ARB front bumper is cut but the Sahara might be bolt on.

Last edited:
ARB. It’s the OG. Front or rear.
Eezi Awn K9 rack. No drill. No fuss
Asfir skids. No drill.
Owl mudflap delete.

I’ve got an 06 w AHC and King springs. It’s all bolt on stuff.

View attachment 3576228
Thanks. I understand the ARB Deluxe requires cutting. I thought the ARB rear bumper was no-cut but wasn’t 100% sure. The other issue with the ARB rear bumper is that it doesn’t improve clearance.

@hoser

I am trying to carefully remember the process of mounting the bumper, but don’t recall cutting. Unless it was perhaps trimming of the frame horn? Is that right? I know you drill to “pin” the bumper but I don’t remember cutting.

IMG_4673.jpeg

@hoser

I am trying to carefully remember the process of mounting the bumper, but don’t recall cutting. Unless it was perhaps trimming of the frame horn? Is that right? I know you drill to “pin” the bumper but I don’t remember cutting.

View attachment 3576378
You may be correct. I think you have to grind the frame horns. This is similar to what needs to be done for the installation of a Dissent bumper. I may need to accept that grinding is necessary. Dissent has great products. I’m just not to the point of performing surgery, yet.

@RKRUGER This is what I had to do. I believe the Sahara version doesn't cut that section and then has a spacer that goes below the frame.

IMG_4019.jpg

Good point and can’t deny. However, I want to leave that door open.
Yeah, I know. I started my build with the same thought. After a year or two, I gave/sold/threw away stuff. There are a few small items here and there in my garage though. You may buy a second later, may be a 200 or 550...

1709852051085.png

Yeah, I know. I started my build with the same thought. After a year or two, I gave/sold/threw away stuff. There are a few small items here and there in my garage though. You may buy a second later, may be a 200 or 550...

View attachment 3576457
I have a 200HE as my daily driver …
I would likely cut on the 100 before I find myself behind the wheel of a 250.

Last edited:
ARB 03+ Combo gets my vote, you do have to trim the bottom tab on the frame horn, however there is still a threaded so if you really need to bolt the OE bumper back on, there is something for a bolt.

Screenshot 2024-03-07 at 8.52.21 PM.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom