No-Cut Modifications (Bumpers, Roof Rack, Skids, Sliders) (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The issue I see is the ARB rear is not as functional as the Dissent.
What function does the ARB lack that Dissent has, just curious what you've compared. I don't know much about Dissents offering

The man said "I want to go back to stock", so we will focus on helping him do that (even those of us with truck that are WAY past going back to stock...heck, mine's repainted in a non-stock color)! :p

Honestly, I think I'd hold on to a UZJ100 with 70K miles and do ZERO modifications, but that's your truck and your call. Low miles is one of the most important selling traits, people go nuts on auctions for trucks with low miles even if there's minor accidents reported or questionable maintenance. And I also agree with you that in general a modified 100 won't sell as well as a stock 100 *unless* the latter has been VERY well done/documented.

I wouldn't worry too much about extra holes or minor cuts as long as you can put stock bumpers back on. Even if you need to do minor fab work to get the stock bumpers back on, it's probably worth it so you can run an aftermarket bumper for a while.

What function does the ARB lack that Dissent has, just curious what you've compared. I don't know much about Dissents offering
Dissent and Slee have superior fit and finish over ARB. Both companies also have better customer service. Further, the Dissent and Slee offer more options for modification - this is particularly true with Dissent. And, both Dissent and Slee have better clearance whereas the ARB has worse departure angles.

The man said "I want to go back to stock", so we will focus on helping him do that (even those of us with truck that are WAY past going back to stock...heck, mine's repainted in a non-stock color)! :p

Honestly, I think I'd hold on to a UZJ100 with 70K miles and do ZERO modifications, but that's your truck and your call. Low miles is one of the most important selling traits, people go nuts on auctions for trucks with low miles even if there's minor accidents reported or questionable maintenance. And I also agree with you that in general a modified 100 won't sell as well as a stock 100 *unless* the latter has been VERY well done/documented.

I wouldn't worry too much about extra holes or minor cuts as long as you can put stock bumpers back on. Even if you need to do minor fab work to get the stock bumpers back on, it's probably worth it so you can run an aftermarket bumper for a while.
I go back and forth. Currently baselining now as well as adding suspension. Will likely enjoy as is for a while and continue my internal debate on what to do and not do. I appreciate all the helpful comments from folks and insight.

@whitec13 thanks for the info. I really haven't seen much about Victory's bumper or any of their other products on here. I think I like the look of the bumper better than others I've seen. I don't care for how most of the after market bumpers make the 100 look like it has a huge over bite. Have you got any pictures of it from a straight side shot?

@whitec13 thanks for the info. I really haven't seen much about Victory's bumper or any of their other products on here. I think I like the look of the bumper better than others I've seen. I don't care for how most of the after market bumpers make the 100 look like it has a huge over bite. Have you got any pictures of it from a straight side shot?
I shot you a PM to not highjack this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom