My turbo Lx450 (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Yeah sometimes I forget I started my turbo 8 years ago and I am kind of an ass. But I am sure we could dig up some pics of the block and you could compare it to the BMW setup.

Thanks for editing. I appreciate the knowledge and information.

Never said you didn't know a thing or two about head gaskets. Just not sure what what the relationship between oringing the block and maintenance you are referring to is.
It's a joke you may not be privy to... Never mind

Very nice rig! Are you going to dyno it? What sort of MPG's are you seeing with the turbo?

can we get a few more pics under the hood plz.

The split second enricher how is this setup? Did you try without the piggy back?

Really nice looking setup! I thought hard about putting together a new kit with CX parts after all my treadstone troubles. Glad you're liking the Split Second. My buddy lobbied hard for me to install one, but I found I was getting the same AFR's at 6psi as you are with nothing at all. But I'm sure you'll eventually up the boost, and I hope you check back in and let us know how it goes :)

Really nice looking setup! I thought hard about putting together a new kit with CX parts after all my treadstone troubles. Glad you're liking the Split Second. My buddy lobbied hard for me to install one, but I found I was getting the same AFR's at 6psi as you are with nothing at all. But I'm sure you'll eventually up the boost, and I hope you check back in and let us know how it goes :)

What turbo are you running?

BW s300sx 60mm. Not running it anymore, took the turbo off to appease the wife who was sick of getting carbon monoxide poisoning :eek:

The turbo makes a huge difference. It went from being a big ole pig to a accelerating like a modern vehicle, no problem going 90mph (on a closed circuit of course).

90 is nothing . I have hit 115 with my TRD S C rig. You need a bigger test track.😎

Thanks for posing the pics. Are you tapping the oil line from the pressure unit?
I thought part of the issue with running a piggy back is the MAF and controlling timing not just fuel.
Looks clean!!!!

Yep, tapping from the oil pressure sender with this Pressure sender T. I don't think pushing the boost pressure super high would be a good idea without controlling spark but for now there are knock sensors, it pulls smooth and no audible knock.

Split second makes the FTC-1 timing unit. It controls spark and the O2 sensor signal, would just have to figure out what type of crank sensor the 1fz uses, that info im sure is on this site somewhere. But also it is $500 and at that point it wouldn't cost much more to get a mega squirt 2.

After reading I did not go with the mega squirt. Maybe if I was building a 22rte, seems a nice Haltech unit gives MUCH better control over everything, better support, and more people know how to tune them. Haltech is not cheap but you are getting a much better product. I think @scottryana would agree with this.

20190713_150836.jpg

What did you do with you ac line? Bend and wrap?

I agree Haltech is definitely better than megasquirt. I think everything is haha
I ran megasquirt on the bimmer and it was a great learning experience building the ECU and tuning it, that was almost 10 years ago!

Yes bent it just a little and wrapped in Earl's flame guard.

Really like the intake manifold, so much more space efficient than mine. Running a setup like that and you can still use the factory location for a second battery, something that my setup doesn't do very well. I may look into something like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom