Builds my new fj-40 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
my new fj-40 build *new pics on 2nd page*

heres what ive got so far. I got my new bender a few weeks ago and a buddy and I started on the tube work last weekend. The basis of this rig will be a streetable 3 seater tube chassis with all the comforts of a 69 fj-40. but also the capability of a rock buggy.

how it started:
yotabuild001.jpg

off to the s****per
yotabuild007.jpg

yotabuild009.jpg

time to start buildin:
yotabuild006.jpg

yotabuild004.jpg

yotabuild030.jpg

yotabuild031.jpg

yotabuild025.jpg

yotabuild026.jpg

yotabuild028.jpg

and now CODY says: "GET BACK TO WORK!!!"
yotabuild019.jpg

Last edited:
Your going to utilize the stock doors? That will be nice for winter wheeling.

looks great...

what's in line for the axles and drivetrain?

malphrus

x2 on the doors. Would be awsome to have a tube buggy and have the option of being able to throw on the doors for those snow trips.

Going to definately be following this build! Keep it up

whistling de barker..

"what's your dog's name?"
"cody."
"be still cody."

oh, and good call on the axles hamma...finally caught them on the 3rd or 4th time thru the pics, ha ha

Awesome proyect ..

I said .. ahlf doors and you can pos a pic of your tuve bender or you ar a master of bendind .. looks great !

yes im going to use the doors. i hate getting wet and muddy in the winter months. plus i want to drive it on the street to and from some of the trail systems we have here in michigan. so the more street like i can make it look when needed the better.

CODY is a mutly from the pound, hes only 3. has all the doby colors except for a white chin. hes doby and blue tic hound mix.

drivetrain will be 350 vortec/ th350 trans/ 300case, 14 and 60 axles fox 2.0 air shocks 4 link and 39 iroks on h2s.

probably wont have more pics til next week. i have my bacheleor party saturday so i will be in no shape to worky in the garage

yes im going to use the doors. i hate getting wet and muddy in the winter months. plus i want to drive it on the street to and from some of the trail systems we have here in michigan. so the more street like i can make it look when needed the better.

CODY is a mutly from the pound, hes only 3. has all the doby colors except for a white chin. hes doby and blue tic hound mix.

drivetrain will be 350 vortec/ th350 trans/ 300case, 14 and 60 axles fox 2.0 air shocks 4 link and 39 iroks on h2s.

probably wont have more pics til next week. i have my bacheleor party saturday so i will be in no shape to worky in the garage

* Cool Mutt! one that can hunt and kill! LOL

Have the Bach party in you garage. You could get alot done with that many people around. Again, LOL!

Looking forward to the detailed pics of the Tube bender.

* Cool Mutt! one that can hunt and kill! LOL

Have the Bach party in you garage. You could get alot done with that many people around. Again, LOL!

Looking forward to the detailed pics of the Tube bender.

a bachelor party in the garage sounds expensive. all the wasted tubing and welding wire and welding gas.

what pics do you guys want of the bender?

i just got the basic jd2. made my own stand. and then bought a air over hydraulic ram from harbor freight for a whopping $79 :grinpimp: utilized the handle given in the original bender to weld my ram to. its definetly not the fastest but it works great and i dont have to hand crank anything. beats spending 3-400 more bucks on one of there hydro kits.

Yeah id like to see the close-up of your Harbor/JD2 hybrid. I was thinking of going that route. Looking very good, nice to see you still using the doors, good luck and lots of pics.

looks tight,

nice work,

i saw the first couple pics and was like, wtf hes throwing his rig out????

coolwork

got a little bit more done. to damn busy with wedding stuff to do much right now. after the honeymoon it will come together fast.
yotabuild043.jpg

goes threw the side of the cowl into the internal cage.
yotabuild042.jpg

yotabuild039.jpg

think the t-case is to high?? i want to keep it total flat belly. but i have to raise the hell out of the t-case because of the stupid tallness of my stock adapter mount.
yotabuild038.jpg

front end
yotabuild034.jpg

door line
yotabuild035.jpg

inside door line and door latch
yotabuild029-1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom