Builds my new fj-40 build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

i like it god that looks sick....

Looks good.

Did you cut your tranny hump/pan so you could take it in and out without moving the cage?

Did I miss the fuel tank or are you going to mount one on one of the rear platforms?

yes the pans are all removable with just a few bolts. Im going to line them with a gasket to minimize any rattling i get. the fuel cell goes in the back on the floor pan. i still need to cut out a spot for it to rest down and inside of the floor.

spent all weekend building a bumper for a 74 jeep camando. so no progress on mine this weekend. :doh::doh:

Now I know what to do with that cowl and frame that is rusted 12" in the back that has been sitting in my yard for a year. How about I send mine out to you and you build me a chassis like this. Just kidding, I'll figure it out. Looks fawkin sweet man! Keep up the good progress, and post lots of pics.

Jeremy

Now I know what to do with that cowl and frame that is rusted 12" in the back that has been sitting in my yard for a year. How about I send mine out to you and you build me a chassis like this. Just kidding, I'll figure it out. Looks fawkin sweet man! Keep up the good progress, and post lots of pics.

Jeremy

thanks for the compliments, ship that cowl over when your ready :beer:

will have pics up this week. finally in the home stretch

some updates. hope to have it started and maybe driving by this weekend.

all thats left is lots of wiring, front d-shaft, fluids, limit straps, bump stops and a soft top.

brakes finally done.

yotabuild011.jpg

new battary mount under passenger floor

yotabuild013.jpg

dash

yotabuild012.jpg

rear inner panels and fuel cell

yotabuild014.jpg

rear panel out of 1/4 allum. diamond plate led tailights, license plate light and one chrome beer cap license plate frame :naughty:

yotabuild016.jpg

almost done shots

yotabuild017.jpg

yotabuild018.jpg

yotabuild020.jpg

yotabuild021.jpg

That's looking great! Nice work.

Very nice, great job on keeping the 40 look. I am still in the planning stages of building a buggy gathering tools, parts and ideas right for now. I like it a lot, I want mine to be a cruiser too, I have a 1985 BJ60 as a donor drive train.

Thanks

What size/thickness tubing did you use??? How many sticks did you go through??? Build looks great!!

tubing is 1.75" .120 DOM. i have 8, 20 ft. sticks. and 1 stick of 1.5" into it. one 4x8 sheet of 16gauge steel for the floor pans. and one 4x8 sheet of 1/8" plastic for the side panels.

the license plate frame is chrome bottle caps. it was a joke from a freind.

hopefully to be snow wheeling here shortly. got are 1st good snow fall about 2 hours north of home.

DROVE IT FOR THE 1ST TIME TODAY!!!! But of course it had to go right to work winching my dumb tow rig out of the snow and push it into the garage because my glow plugs went bad.

yotaoutside001.jpg

yotaoutside002.jpg

yotaoutside004.jpg

tow rig. glow plug connector rusted right in half. AWESOME ::)
yotaoutside005.jpg

haha, thats funny.The cruiser was just born and already saved it's first Chevy.I was kinda wondering what was happening to this build.Get to flex it out yet at all?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom