Builds my new fj-40 build (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

set the doors and hood today just for cosmetics. its not nearly done after i sat down and started a list of "to-do's" I got to 23 things and stopped.

i cant decide if i should leave the hard doors full and make soft top to fit it. then make some tube doors for warm wheeling. or cut them down to half doors with tubes and get soft doors to run with the soft top.

yotabuild104.jpg

yotabuild102.jpg

Half doors .. and soft top part for those winter days .. that match with the complete soft top in the back. BTW beyotiful !

i say get the soft top made and see if you like it with those doors if not then you can make it into half doors.

Mos Def make some tube doors for summer wheeling, I would leave the door full size you designed around them and for winter wheeling glass windows are so much better, can't see thru those plastic panes for long and they hate the cold.

ive decided to keep the hard doors. going to make some tube doors for the summer.

got the fuse box done today and mounted it inside this tupperware container to keep it dry and clean.

yotabuild109.jpg

yotabuild108.jpg

yotabuild110.jpg

just little stuff to add to the finished list.

hood mounted and hold down mounts made
yotabuild116.jpg

blingy alluminium lower inner fender skirt to keep some debris out of engine compartment.
yotabuild115.jpg

had to cut and relocate brake pedal
yotabuild118.jpg

mount and heim joint on steering shaft
yotabuild117.jpg

center console with guages/ ignition/ battary cutoff switch
yotabuild119.jpg

and the most important part. the "BOGDOG" emblem
yotabuild114.jpg

so wait, is this the same truck as this?:

cruiserpic18b.jpg

hmmm, wait, no. it's not. but at least it's the same emblem, right? ha ha

that is awesome!!! nope. thats my old cruiser that i sold to build my 1st buggy. then realized i was dumb. so i sold the buggy chassis to build the new fj-40/buggy.

I definetly dont miss that big block though.

sunny and 55 degrees means showin off the blingy painted h2's did some measurements as well while it was outside basking in the sun.

wheelbase= 101"
bellypan= 20.5"
roof line= 6ft. or 72" if thats easier for you.

yotabuild136.jpg

yotabuild139.jpg

yotabuild141.jpg

yotabuild142.jpg

love the painted h2s

nice build. let see some action photos

I picked up a new 14 bolt today. mine is bent and didnt notice it til after the build and pulled it outside. so that is going to hold me up for a little while. left to do things are mount my skid plate, paint doors, build tube doors and get a soft top made. hope to be wheeling somewhere memorial weekend.

thanks for the compliments everyone. im working backwards now. but still plan on being somewhere memorial weekend.

Out with old bent 14 bolt. And started building the new one.

yotabuild157.jpg

yotabuild158.jpg

yotabuild152-1.jpg

yotabuild162.jpg

yotabuild163.jpg

yotabuild164.jpg

yotabuild165.jpg

yotabuild166.jpg

and my new timbren bumpstops to put in.

yotabuild160.jpg

Burke Spring. a vendor on pirate. I tried getting locally but they were $30 more than ordering from burke.

Thanks. Post up your impressions when you hit the trails. I've been thinking about those for a while. They are pretty low on the to-do list. I'd be grateful for feedback before I they do get to the top of the list.

Which did you order? I was thinking the A530-45 for a load rating of 700lb and a bump of 1200lb would be plenty squishy for a soft ride.

Thanks,

Andy

(edit) here is a link to the Timbren specs...

Double Convolution Springs - Timbren Aeon Hollow Rubber Springs

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom