Builds my new fj-40 build (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

You going to skin the rest?

yes. i need 2 more sticks of tube to finish what im shooting for. i will come back from the door about 8" just like a stock fj and then curve up and have about a 4" gap below the present rear top rail to give it the "body" look. then skin it. i might even make a dummy gas tank filler just for a little old school flavor :grinpimp:

got a couple pics after the frame was painted today.

yotabuild056.jpg

yotabuild051.jpg

yotabuild050.jpg

yotabuild053.jpg

yotabuild054.jpg

yotabuild059.jpg

and lastly , my new bling parts for the yota. 14" fox coilovers, new hiem joints, alluminium lower links, griffen radiator and corbeau seats.
yotabuild057.jpg

diggin the s*** outta that thing.When ya think you'll get it done?

wife has been giving me every night after work for the last 2 weeks. she wants it done by labor day. i got a month. rear axle is done. gotta make mounts on my front axle and tap my new lower links. but after this weekend i should have the firewall cleaned up and painted, motor/trans/case back in. rear and front axles under it. next major project is floors,body panels and wiring.

Sound like me.I'm tryin to get my 40 done for sept.Wanna bring it to Missouri.I'll be puttin atleast 12 hour days in this weekend.So much to do.

going to rons place?? ive been wanting to go down there but havent had a rig together long enough to plan a trip.

Not to chat up your thread any more than I already have, but yep, Flat Nasty.Didn't make it down last year.Really would like to this year.My fj60 does alright but I'd like to hang with the big dogs just a little bit better.Maybe I could borrow Cody for a weekend?Did wire up 220v yesterday out in the barn and layed my first beads with my new millermatic 212.So so nice.Still grinning.

got some more done. thanks to alumcj i got to use his lathe to drill and tap my new lower links thursday night.

friday night I sanded and painted the firewall .

motor installed and test fitting radiator
yotabuild060.jpg

changed the crossmember alot from the original idea. it is now mounted from above. trans/case installed
yotabuild063.jpg

rear 4 link on the chassis and trans/case installed
yotabuild067.jpg

front suspension started
yotabuild062.jpg

yotabuild069.jpg

your bezel is upside down.:flipoff2:

I couldn't help it.

couple new pics. it rolls and steers now!!!:beerbang: :beerbang:

suspension is done. accept for shocks. still waiting on my springs. steering is done. radiator mount and lines are done. trans shifter and center console panels are done. new gm 1ton mastercylinder adapted to the fj booster is also complete. hope to have brake/trans lines done this week along with exhaust so i can start on all the floor pans and inner fenders this weekend.

seats and shifter in
yotabuild071.jpg

yotabuild074.jpg

new mastercylinder
yotabuild072.jpg

orbital valve adapted to stock fj steering column.
yotabuild075.jpg

IT ROLLS!!!!!!! finish ride height will be 76" roof and belly at 23" its at full stuff right now. 71" to roof and 18" to belly. wheelbase is 101"

yotabuild077.jpg

yotabuild078.jpg

yotabuild080.jpg

THat looks freakin great man. Keep up the good work.

just a couple pics. not to much more done. but ive got more time now to work on it.

heres the rear shocks mocked up. have to make permenant mounts on the axle side still. and now that i have my springs i might have to change my upper as well. its sitting to high right now.

also got the rear floorpans in and the motor is wired up. mounted the computer and fuse box.

yotabuild001-1.jpg

yotabuild002.jpg

yotabuild003-1.jpg

my new blingy springs. these will be a learning curve. hopefully they do what there designed for. FxxxING GETTIN IT!!!!

yotabuild004-1.jpg

this thing only set me back $267 bucks. good ole chevy deisel power. cost me some time and money from the yota.

yotabuild005-1.jpg

I ended up rebuilding my rear shock mounts last weekend along with mounting front shocks

new rear mount:
yotabuild092.jpg

Then came the floorpan fun happy times. but all floors are removable for easier access when i break my junk. :beer:

yotabuild090.jpg

yotabuild089.jpg

yotabuild085.jpg

yotabuild084.jpg

that is all for today kids

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom