Builds Megadoomer Build (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Well.....
View attachment 3595827

I was alone. Nobody was hurt. I walked away. Not physically hurt but I cried a little bit on the side of the road.

The back end came free in the rain and I counter steered too much and it rolled. The body is totalled. It still runs and drives. I am looking for a decent body or a runner. Hoping the Knights can keep an eye out. @Pigeaten has a body but no doors. I might go that route and/or get a runner too. Maybe end up with 2 pigs? Might do a frame off build now. I knew my pig could have used that but I didn't want it down for so long. Maybe why I need a runner and a body. Not sure what I want to do. Still devastated.
Holy sheep s***!!!
Dude, so glad you are okay, and no one else was in the Pig with you!
So many questions - I will keep reading...

I will get some more pics up close later. I also have my mirror camera footage i have been afraid to download.

First of all the roll cage made this story a lot more wholesome. I don't think I would have died but I would have been able to just step out of the windshield frame like I did.

Secondly, I think this is a strange blessing in a way. The body had some rust issues. It was worse than I thought or could see. The PO was definitely an artist with how they sculpted the body lines back in with bondo. When I went to do the roof transplant I might have been opening a can of worms. My reluctance to take the pig out of commission for a long period to do it right would be the demise of it eventually.

This forced frame off resto mod will let me get it right and keep it on the road for as long as I can drive. Plus, Steve is really excited to start the wiring from scratch. I am too.

I am also thinking maybe put in a doubler and link suspension in the rear. Still going to do the poptop!
I'm thinking Skynyrd albums - you can name her Street Survivor, or Second Helping...

1713110673922.png

1713110831933.png

Found a video from Alan Ampudia. He was in pole position and went on to win overall.

He passes us at 23:20. We are on the left and you can just see my pig.

We were curious how fast these trucks were passing us. It says 85 mph!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom