Meet Steve (7 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So ground off as much mouse pee rust as I could, put first cat of rust converter on, then remembered I have this tube for spraying in areas not reachable with spray, put this down pillars in everyborifice I could find on the roof of this pig, converter running out all over, I think I soaked it, tomorrow 2nd coat. It does smell-probably some chemistry with mouse urine, Greek to me!

63572F45-9386-4B54-8F5B-D4581D615019.jpeg

If you look a few pages in on my thread I used corroseal and then later wet sanded the paint to remove the corroseal stain from the non rusty areas. It turned out pretty well. I like the finish that the corroseal leaves on the rusty areas.

no cracks at hinge locations on doors, a little rust down low, but that will have to wait. waiting for some rust converter, so today with a cold beer, removed all seam sealer from gutters, a little rust under, think I will treat with POR 15, paint and reseal, thoughts?

IMG_3162.jpg

IMG_3163.jpg

POR15 would ideally WANT the rust to bond to. Not sure how it would adhere to a rust converter. If you decide to try it, maybe run a tape line as low as possible and then use a brush to apply. After it’s dried apply the seam sealer, and then maybe spray the sealer with rattle-can that resembles the factory paint as close as you can find.
Take that with a grain of salt, and maybe others with better ideas will chime in. I’m just thinking do whatever you can do to keep the “repair work” to a visual minimum.

I know the por15 type products don't like to stick to other type paints unless prepared right, so would that effect the seam sealer the same?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom