Meet Steve (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Only your wife can speak to the mental incompetance, gypped? after you see new work, probably.
Steve is in great hands, expect him home any day, phase 1 almost done, carb. rebuilt, new long range fuel tank, disc brakes all around, 3;70 gears, susp. , tires and power steering. then back to my garage to deal with mouse urine rust, and a few other spots of rust. Phase 2 next month- 5spd, and new Mosley 2F, seats and Fridge.
Your welcome to come drive whenever you want.
Also, dont forget to take good care of my 62, im ready when you are

Can't wait to read about Phase 2!

Got home today and Steve was in driveway, still has to go back in a month or so for new motor/5spd, A/c, plus anything else I can get George to do. Decided to take for a ride, as the farthest I’ve driven it was about 60’ to load on trailer. Took her for 4 mile warm up, carb needs adjusting, but ran ok after warm, did not heat up, so took her 10 miles to my home town for a few pics and back( thinking like Nolen here). Got her up to 55, then went to gps app on phone, that read 10mph faster(33” tires). Got home, bubbling a little radiator fluid, dripping from transfer case. But good to be driving Steve.
If you noticed Lic plates-YOLO PIG, the county I live in. So Steve AKA Yolo pig.,
Hope people don’t harass me thinking I’m a police officer ? Did not think of that

0C2EE1F3-4F96-44D8-8BA7-2C205446C52E.jpeg

F0E74B0A-3508-47B9-8156-9834E271D09F.jpeg

E43CB387-488E-4B74-84C6-372AE2193069.jpeg

Yes, built one for another pig, but going to use on this one , need to change transfer case to fit. Then 3:70s and it should run down the highway at a decent speed. Still won’t keep up with Deo, but not as far behind
Wondering if you really need to go to 3.70 diffs. Seems the 5 spd and a bit of "rubber overdrive" perhaps with 33's would let you keep up with modern traffic and still preserve off road capabilities. In my case, 27% overdrive with the Ranger, 33s and stock 4.10 diffs had me keeping up with Scraps at 90mph (Deo still blew by us south of Boise) with revs still in the mid-range.

Wondering if you really need to go to 3.70 diffs. Seems the 5 spd and a bit of "rubber overdrive" perhaps with 33's would let you keep up with modern traffic and still preserve off road capabilities. In my case, 27% overdrive with the Ranger, 33s and stock 4.10 diffs had me keeping up with Scraps at 90mph (Deo still blew by us south of Boise) with revs still in the mid-range.
with the 3;70s, 4 spd, 33s, and tired motor, could only get to 65mph. top speed not really a goal for me, but getting up hills at more than 35 is

I think with the power plant you have in mind the 5 speed and 3.70 will be a lot like the Warthog is now with 5 speed , 4.11 and 35s. It’s a great RPM band.

so some dumb ass has created 2 threads for Steve, Meet Steve, and Steve the new pig build!. from now on I will trytfo not post under Meet Steve, but refer you to Steve the new pig build. I know , im confused also. but now know why I cant find certain posts-Thanks Half Wacked

Yeah, I dug this up searching for something else the other day and posted. Was wondering if you’d forgotten about it or just decided not to use it anymore in favor of the new thread. I’ll try to refrain from bumping it again 🤭

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom