Mable, third time's the charm (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

that's the end link bushing is this part

k90526.jpg

The bushings in the pic are of the link arms and, while they will rattle some, they generally don't creak. The bushings on the sway bar will likely still be intact and might even show little sign of wear but will creak when they dry out.

image.jpg

By the way ... You can test the sway bar theory by disconnecting the link arms from the sway bar, making sure the sway bar is secure, and driving it for a day. A little more body roll in the corners but otherwise no big deal.

Man! I would be happy with "Cruises smooth on 485 at 70 mph", forget creaking! My 80 speaks to me all the time after 50mph "hey, slow down there Andretti! who do you think I am!"

Last edited:
After the 10 mile run down hill to get up to 70 MPH Heather's truck sounds just fine

Man! I would be happy with "Cruises smooth on 485 at 70 mph", forget creaking! My 80 lets me speaks to me all the time after 50mph "hey, slow down there Andretti! who do you think I am!"

All true, but we own Land Cruisers and not Range Rovers, so when something starts creaking we don't have to just live with it. :hillbilly:

Last edited:
The bushings in the pic are of the link arms and, while they will rattle some, they generally don't creak. The bushings on the sway bar will likely still be intact and might even show little sign of wear but will creak when they dry out.

View attachment 1272160

They look/feel dry, no cracks in them. I'll disconnect the links and drive around before ordering stuff though.

They look/feel dry, no cracks in them. I'll disconnect the links and drive around before ordering stuff though.

Definitely wait before ordering parts. Creaks are an annoyance but, in most cases, not much else. There are several other items under there that can make that sound such as leaf spring (shackle) bushings, ball joints, and even a bad shock; but focus on the "most common" cheap & easy possibility first.

Something that cost no money to check (and since your particular Cruiser gnomes are fond of loosening bolts!) is to take your new torque wrench to the spring pack U-Bolts and be sure they are tight, i.e. not letting the axle shift around. When the threads are clean the torque on those would be somewhere around 90 Ft Lb.

So my AC is leaking at the rubber covering the fittings. Fittings are tight and not leaking. I'm assuming this is leaking from the evaporator coil behind.

Any thing else I should order/replace at the same time?

IMG_20160704_140329.jpg

Driveline vibration is good. Cruises smooth on 485 at 70 mph.

Lug nuts holding good, will be ordering some new ones @NCFJ recommended.

Now there is a "creak" coming from the front right suspension when I'm turned and hit a bump (like turning into my driveway). Will look under it this weekend to check the bushings.

The joys of daily driving a 30 year old truck.
Love your 62....that is my favorite color for that model. I have a red 88 in excellent condition but the dream is to switch it out for a charcoal gray!
Where do you recommend getting lug nuts? Needing some for my daughters and son-in-laws 62 we just helped them find! Found some good rims locally.....been sitting in the guys shop for 20 years! Need mud flaps, bumper caps and rear carpet....any recommendations as to where to find?
LAT's 62.JPG

Love your 62....that is my favorite color for that model. I have a red 88 in excellent condition but the dream is to switch it out for a charcoal gray!
Where do you recommend getting lug nuts? Needing some for my daughters and son-in-laws 62 we just helped them find! Found some good rims locally.....been sitting in the guys shop for 20 years! Need mud flaps, bumper caps and rear carpet....any recommendations as to where to find?View attachment 1285456
Send an email to @beno if you're looking for OEM lug nuts. He's the resident East Coast OEM vendor of choice for many. His info is all over MUD, and, specifically, in the vendor section (General - Miscellaneous).

The foam at those fittings is only there as insulation and to prevent chafing of the lines. Is it leaking freon at those spots or just water? If it's just weeping condensation then the system is not necessarily compromised.

I think the truck is ruined, gone, not worth fixing. Because you are my friend, I will give you $1000 to take it off your hands. Call of it "good fortune" money.

Wait, you guys back from your trip? How did it go? Cool pics and memories I hope.

I think the truck is ruined, gone, not worth fixing. Because you are my friend, I will give you $1000 to take it off your hands. Call of it "good fortune" money.

Wait, you guys back from your trip? How did it go? Cool pics and memories I hope.

The foam at those fittings is only there as insulation and to prevent chafing of the lines. Is it leaking freon at those spots or just water? If it's just weeping condensation then the system is not necessarily compromised.
I think it's leaking freon. When I pull back the foam and spray it with soap solution it bubbles.

I won't accept less than $900 because I'm a good negotiator.

And yes, trip was amazing. I'll post some pictures later. The wife wants to move to Taipei so I'll need to figure out if they have actuaries there.

So Mabel is all this rain tonight reared a new problem. Leaking from the driver's a pillar near the grab bar. What do I need to do to fix this? I'm assuming a drain plug is clogged.

Check your rain gutters. They may need to be resealed. The top corner of the windshield seal is a high risk for leaks as well.

Check your rain gutters. They may need to be resealed. The top corner of the windshield seal is a high risk for leaks as well.

Had the same issue regarding the gutter - if that is the issue. Not the "approved" method, but I did the following:

1. taped off the channel area of the gutter on the outter part down to the side of the truck and about 1/4" up the roof leaving just an area to work on to get the old sealant off.
2. got a flat trip screw driver that fit in the gutter channel and scraped all the old seal out
3. then used a small wire brush to "sand" it
4. touched up with a little sand paper
5. then put down the 3M sealer
6. then painted the area

all the way around the truck . . . :(

I HOPE there is a better way to do this like somehow using a hairdryer and special tools, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom