Jumping the gun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

What makes you think you have a blown headgasket? What problems did you have?
Honestly it's kinda the same symptoms as last time. Came to a stop and rough idle, then threw PO306 (6th cylinder misfire), then started to overheat. When I stopped and popped the hood, my overflow tank was full of coolant, smoke coming from rear exhaust manifold (area), and wet near the rear valve cover.

But I only had a second to look at it before having to leave for Savannah.

Come on man. Jump the gun. Get emotional.
Overreact and sell it cheap. I’m free this weekend :)

Sucks to hear it though. Agree 15k is strong in that shape. I’m sure there are a few silent interested parties. I’m looking as well.

Whenever I buy anything, the intent is never to sell. I know the market for LC's are down, but I'd someone really wants mine and will to pay $15k (to just fix the supposed HG for $2k-$4k) than we both win 🤷🏾‍♂️.

Slee no longer makes my back bumper; cloth interior; supercharged; no rust, no dents (but raptor lined), speedometer matches gear ratio; and the list goes on.

So to pay $15k may be steep to us bargain buyers, but may make since to someone else doing calculations 🤷🏾‍♂️. Even me. For the two LCs I own combined I didn't pay $8k for, but I've added more to them than they are worth.

In my heart I don't want to sell. I'm not with the truck now due to being out of town. I'm also limited in time and resources at the moment due to transitioning out of the country as early as November.

Possibility of to much boost and getting head lift on the factory headbolts?

If its needing a new HG not due to headlift and so soon after already having the job done, it surely needs machine work to the head and block..which ups the repair cost from $300'ish to a G or two. Was the head & block milled at all last time? If so, milling the head a second time youll have to figure out the right shims on the valce/cam cups. Also, it could be out of spec for more machining.. if the block has to come out to get machine work done, its probably worth it to do bearings and rings as well. Now you're talking in the $4k+ range to get it running. Now youre in the do I rebuild or LS swap the vehicle.

Definitely a tricky financial situation to decide on. If the choice is to sell, youll come out ahead if you part out the rig vs trying to sell it non-operational.

just throwing this out. hows the level on the on the intercooler. could it have leaked and dropped some fluid in the intake? could have lifted the head a little ?

just throwing this out. hows the level on the on the intercooler. could it have leaked and dropped some fluid in the intake? could have lifted the head a little ?
It's been a few months since I checked the fuild level, but last time checked was full. I should be back tomorrow evening. Trying to purchase a car on Saturday, hopefully towing the LC to my house Sunday.

@GarnerFJ40 sounds just like what yours is doing, did you figure out what was going on?

Left town for a week for work, but on the way to my buddy's house, I'm sure I blew the head gasket on the 80. I'll be able to diagnose it better when I get back this weekend, but at the moment I'm car-less.

The initial thought is since I'm leaving the country in a year and already have a project 80, just to sell this one as is. If I do this, what's an appropriate asking price? $15k? It's:

Supercharged and intercooler
Triple locked
529 re-geared
Slee front/rear bumper
37s
Cloth interior
and a bunch of other s***.

View attachment 3568086
Dude hate to hear I hope you figure out what the issue is and end up keeping ole girl

@GarnerFJ40 sounds just like what yours is doing, did you figure out what was going on?
No, was in the 100 too much with the new timing belt/harmonic balancer and tie rods replacement. Mine had been drinking coolant for a while but also bubbling in the reservoir. I don't think I got all the air out of the system. And, it wanted to backfire a little when accelerating, so I also thought it might be part of the exhaust as it stil needed the larger pipes put in.

So did you ever figure it out? You left us hanging but the crossed out text in your signature doesn't give me high hopes )=
From all the symptoms, I'm 95% sure it was the head gasket. . .so I sold her 😓

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom