The time has come to find a new home for my 94 FZJ80. Pricing help needed (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Is it okay to ask for pricing help. I am not asking for offer, I just need some help figuring out what my 80 is realistically worth. I have a list of all the things that have been done to it but wanted to make sure it is okay to ask here for help. Thanks in advance, I am in NW Greensboro if that make a difference,.

Well first we would need a list of what is done and pictures of the engine bay, interior, exterior etc....... But know this an 80 series and the cruiser market place as a whole swings wildly in all directions. Location, miles, recorded maintenance plays a huge part. One cruiser head may see your vehicle and think that 7k is fair and others may say 18k is fair.
Cruiser prices do stay fairly inflated due to "yuppies" that see it as a "rugged" status symbol and will sit around talking about how great off road it is and it may see a dirt fire road once a year for a camping trip. But prices have dropped quite a bit recently it seems which is good for people who want them to use them as a 4x4 but bad for sellers. I'd say location may be the best indication of value. I've noticed that prices in my current area are quite a bit lower than what NC prices seem to be going for on FB market place etc.... If your truck is immaculate looking then BAT is most likely your best bet as it brings the most yuppies with money and location isn't really a factor as its a nationwide auction site.

I will get some pictures added tomorrow but I have this for now.

There are many modifications and some repairs that may or may not need to be made, that will be up to the next owner. I am the third owner. It was a lease then sold to the person that I bought it from in 2016.

I know it is not a 15k truck but it is also not a 3k one.

When I bought the 80 it had about around 300k on it and a dead engine. Currently has 319K replaced the engine and trans with one with 72K on both. 7/2016 with full baseline.

Modifications
Removed all the cladding, running boards, roof rack and rear wing.
Did a ABS delete
Sealed the sun roof
Added Gentex mirror with temp sensor
Replaced rear hatching with matching one
Installed Pintle hitch
Took off 2 catalytic converter set up and replaced with single cat (6 into one) from a Mk6 Golf GTI.
Moved O2 sensors to exhaust manifold
Deleted direct air pump
Made steel cold air intake tube
EGR disables with diode and resistor.
Fuel pipe from filler neck to tank remade in steel tubing.
Added switch and mod for locked diff in high range.
Removed alarm
Birfields replaced need inner axel seals re-done

Issues
Some body and frame rust light to moderate.
Paint is bad and has a bad repaint in SOME but not all panels (last owner not me)
One fender in Monsta Liner (me, an experiment that I did not like the results)
Grey Plastidip cover bad lower belt repaint. When it was repainted in the past some of the body was masked off and some was not. So under the grey there is / are areas of black paint.

All stock interior in cloth oak with all three rows of seating.

Probably more things that I don’t remember.

PXL_20240210_143758916.jpg

Last edited:
I added a link to more photos at the bottom of the page.
So is that bottom pic how it currently sits? Cant tell in your picture link which is the most recent picture of the exterior. (Never mind I actually read the entirety of the post this time lol)
So exterior needs some work
Interior looks good
How is the frame and rust?

Do you have hard documents to prove the engine and tranny swap mileage?

ABS delete may be a detractor for a stock height truck IMHO.
Sunroof non op also a detractor

It does have the cloth interior and that can be a plus for price.

Most mods look tastefull and well done

For a non-locked rig in that condition i'd say 5-6k, that depends on proving the engine swap mileage

But like I said location is quite a big part thing so i'd defer to what others who are still local think. Also you could get lots more its all about finding the right buyer. Its a solid rig that should be reliable for quite a while so i'd also say think long and hard if you really want to sell it. There have been 4 rigs I have really really hated to sell in my life. Two of them were my cruisers...... I managed to buy one of them back. My hundo now serves duty in a 4x4 rental/training fleet in Utah. The others being my 94 firebird and 88 Celica Alltrac.

Last edited:
Yes, that is how it sits today. I added some of the pictures of some of the upgrades and repairs that my son and I did. New inner fenders, Gentex custom made mount, newer louder horns etc for reference. All of the other pictures are of the 80 as it sits today 2/24. BTW I live in Greensboro NC. I think it will appeal more to someone that wants to build a trail rig.

Take it to the meet and greet. Best thing would be to show up have fun and let some guys see it in person.

I would agree with the Yeti about price. I currently have a 1991 for sale for more but asking more . It has a fresh paint job and no rust with everything working as it was stock. Your exhaust mod could hurt folks in areas where they look for stock exhaust stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom