Mable, third time's the charm (5 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Picked her up last week and really enjoying her. Had to go out of town earlier this week, so I dropped her off to have the master cylinder replaced and change out the thermostat. I hadn't tested the emergency brake and that ended up being broken and was replaced to. Other than that she's in great shape. A few minor dings that I want to get fixed and a couple scratches that I am going to touch up (including two I put there from the damn garbage bin).

She has the Hell For Stout lift and 33" Geolander ATs. Need to get a spare tire, and would really like to go back to stock rims.

20151018_095344.jpg 20151018_095300.jpg 20151018_095310.jpg 20151018_095550.jpg 20151018_095540.jpg

Nice. I saw it at h&h.

Man, that is a nice looker. I like the lift, it's not too much, and 33 tires seem to fit well. The wheels,moot my favorite, look more muscle car to me. You driving it out Saturday?

Man, that is a nice looker. I like the lift, it's not too much, and 33 tires seem to fit well. The wheels,moot my favorite, look more muscle car to me. You driving it out Saturday?

The wheels do look muscle car-y. That's why I'd like to go back to stock. Or 80 steelies.

And yes, driving it this weekend.

Congrats that thing is mint!

The strange thing is that I don't see the factory standard drivers seat foam display window.... What good is nice seat foam if you can't easily show it off to onlookers.

I agree that is a great height/tire combo. I'm guessing some chrome factory wheels should be fairly easy to source at a decent price.

Very nice!

Beautiful! Did the M/C fix your brake issues? Lots of times it is the booster that goes bad. I'm chasing brake issues on my 60 right now.

Beautiful! Did the M/C fix your brake issues? Lots of times it is the booster that goes bad. I'm chasing brake issues on my 60 right now.
Yes. I had a lot of travel in the brake pedal and it would slowly brake the last inch. That seemed pretty character of a leaking master cylinder

The strange thing is that I don't see the factory standard drivers seat foam display window.... What good is nice seat foam if you can't easily show it off to onlookers

Ha. It's bound to happen soon though. She is just tall enough that I have to use that seat foam display window location as support when getting in

Thank goodness for a tool roll. I was able to adjust the kickdown cable to stop rough shifting from 2nd to 3rd gear.

20151023_121436.jpg

Looks like great truck Scott!

Just got back from the UORTC 4WD-101 class and man was it a fun day. Having no experience off-road, my brother and I both had a great time and learned a lot.

About s*** my pants crossing the log beam and about stuffed the front end of Mabel into a hill when I was supposed to be engine braking down a hill in 1st but left the transmission in D. But no damage and lots of knowledge learned.

My brother learned a lot too. Like how to turn in headlights; his damn Range Rover has those automatic lights. Jokes aside, he did a great job. Didn't listen to the instructors directions when doing the off-camber cross-over but after reversing two times figured it out.

You got it! Best way to learn is starting with "I don't know", then the neural pathways open up and you are ready. I have been considering taking that class again a year later.

Hope the class helped you learn some good stuff.

Izzy were you at Uwharrie yesterday also ?

Sent from my SM-G920V

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom