Jumping the gun (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

White Sheep

Darren
SILVER Star
Threads
Left town for a week for work, but on the way to my buddy's house, I'm sure I blew the head gasket on the 80. I'll be able to diagnose it better when I get back this weekend, but at the moment I'm car-less.

The initial thought is since I'm leaving the country in a year and already have a project 80, just to sell this one as is. If I do this, what's an appropriate asking price? $15k? It's:

Supercharged and intercooler
Triple locked
529 re-geared
Slee front/rear bumper
37s
Cloth interior
and a bunch of other s***.

20221207_071754_HDR.jpg

It’s worth waayyyy less with a blown head gasket. Either pay someone to do the head gasket or do it yourself, it’s not that big of a job. Even if you pay a shop your ROI on the job is worth it compared to selling as is.
Being without a car sucks though.

Had you done the HG previously or was it OG? Sorry I know this is a huge pain given the prior accident / being carless.

Had you done the HG previously or was it OG? Sorry I know this is a huge pain given the prior accident / being carless.
This was previously done. Maybe a year in a half ago.

Agree - or if it is, may want to go cometic this time (assuming you didn't already) since you're blown you may want the additional belt & suspenders.

Darren,

That sucks! wrecked the car a little while ago, now this. If you decide to sell, hit me up. I can come down and get it.

Rob

Darren,

That sucks! wrecked the car a little while ago, now this. If you decide to sell, hit me up. I can come down and get it.

Rob
Thanks. I am leaning that way. Give me a few weeks to think of the pros/cons.

Don’t sell it fix it, hard to find what you have and it would cost you way more than 15k to get that set up again. Buy a 2000’s Camry for 3k and let her rip or rav 4, they are very dependable and get good MPG.

Only you can make the decision to sell or not, but 11 yrs later and I still regret selling my 80 after the HG blew. Although, I am glad it's still in the club in good hands with @JohnVee.

Just in case you haven’t thought of this yet, you probably want to diagnose the problem before you jump the gun ;)
True.

I have never had an 80, but definitely appreciate what they are. Maybe one day I will have one, but my unsolicited vote is to fix it! You have clearly taken great care of it to get it dialed in.

What makes you think you have a blown headgasket? What problems did you have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom