LX470 Headlight Alternate Experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@silverbullitt I know you posted this a while ago, would you be able to help me on this? I am not far away from you, in DMV area. Let me know if you could help me on setting this mod.

I live in Fairfax and designed a bracket for the LX that makes retrofitting pretty easy and also offer complete plug and play retrofitted head lights.

Last edited:
gAr5Xm7.jpg

I got my "Eagle Eyes" ebay headlights in and installed them. Thought about doing the SC projector mod, but both my headlights were already pretty wore out and the driver's side was cracked so I would have to replace it. Eagle Eyes lights were cheaper and easier so I gave them a shot and so far I'm pretty happy. I went ahead and changed out the standard bulbs it came with for HIDs. Unfortunately this means you have to disable the DRL because the HIDs won't work on the lower voltage. Right now I just have the angel eyes hooked up to come on with the brights, but I am going to make a relay to turn them on when the engine starts to act as DRL, or at least see what they look like. DRLs are good, I like them. Helps to keep people from turning in front of you and lets others know that the vehicle is running and might be moving soon.

Fit and finish is not perfect, but pretty good. I have not aimed the lights either, but I can already tell they are going to be good. Overall I think the lights look great on the vehicle and resemble something that Lexus might have put on themselves.

I wanted to optimize my lights for the conditions that I will need them the most which is totally dark mountain roads and intense snow flurries. I read that lower Kelvin lights (more yellow) are better for penetrating snow without glaring back at you so I went with 4300K headlight bulbs and full on yellow 3000K LED foglights. For the brights I went with 6000K light blue which is right in the range that humans see best so it will be better for long range vision, high beams are not useful in snow flurries so it's a good choice for high beams which will only be used in the darkest conditions.

UYUMawq.jpg

What a huge upgrade from foggy OEM lenses.

bKc6VGr.jpg

XnWT98i.jpg

2NbKtbt.jpg

They look awesome at night!

mVWBVRL.jpg

H0oviML.jpg

Full brights

xKBQMjd.jpg

Old junk soon to be on eBay:

hYvEcBv.jpg

So far I'm happy, would buy again! Need to polish up my foglights to match!

The lights look great installed how about an output shot?

I live in Fairfax and designed a bracket for the LX that make retrofitting pretty easy and also offer complete plug and play retrofitted head lights.
Thanks, going through your website, will reach out to you once I figure this out

SC430 projectors in LX470 housings.
Just awaiting an order from TRS with spacers in order to add the TSX-R lenses.
View attachment 1803386 View attachment 1803387 View attachment 1803388

Hello @J1000,

I too am looking at this kit and would ask you for several questions. So this kit comes with the angel eyes and also 3 LED bulbs at the top outside corner. Could these lights be bright enough to act as DRL?
Could you please post a picture of the low beam output to the road?
As to the installation, anything special or just normal remove and replace?

Thanks!

@AFei
Their is not a kit that I am aware of for SC430 projectors. You need to source Lexus SC430 D2S projectors, Denso ballasts and Phillips bulbs and some other items.
Light output is amazing and best of all there is no lense shields to deal with getting stuck. As I had happen with some motimoto projectors on my 80. The SC430 has a fixed cutoff shield.

Here is a pic of the output with 4300k bulbs.
06FBCD68-C241-47B0-9DF0-1D06F5A02547.jpeg

Last edited:
Aftermarket replacement HID head lights showed up and they look to be great quality. I hoped to have the headlights installed before leaving to Mexico but no luck when leaving in the AM.

I will start another thread on the install and light measurement before and after.

I did do a comparison between my 80 series HIR headlights and the LX470 and I can tell without a doubt (MY) LX470 headlights suck.

View attachment 1230216View attachment 1230217
Do you have any photos of the light output these produce? Intersted in getting these

Do you have any photos of the light output these produce? Intersted in getting these
Your best bet is a HID retrofit ..... it would be safe to say these lights are not that great otherwise you would see tons of output shots or threads on retrofitting better projectors inside like the LC Depo’s. You’ll never regret spending the money for great headlights. Here’s an output video on the new Depo’s I retrofitted for my 80 3 weeks ago

Last edited:
Your best bet is a HID retrofit ..... it would be safe to say these lights are not that great otherwise you would see tons of output shots or threads on retrofitting better projectors inside like the LC Depo’s. You’ll never regret spending the money for great headlights. Here’s an output video on the new Depo’s I retrofitted for my 80 3 weeks ago

I'd go this route but my OEM lights are plastic, yellowed and look horrible. I dont know if the 05's had glass or plastic in them from the factory.

Does anyone know where I can find replacement lens for 2006 LX470? Mine are beyond repair (hairline cracks throughout) and I obviously do not want to replace the entire unit/vs just bake and replace. I've looked for hours and cannot find a single source. Any help/suggestions much appreciated!!

T
Does anyone know where I can find replacement lens for 2006 LX470? Mine are beyond repair (hairline cracks throughout) and I obviously do not want to replace the entire unit/vs just bake and replace. I've looked for hours and cannot find a single source. Any help/suggestions much appreciated!!
If you're talking about new replacement glass or poly carbonate lens? They have never been available and are not sold separately that I know of

T

If you're talking about new replacement glass or poly carbonate lens? They have never been available and are not sold separately that I know of
Yep, exactly what I'm talking about. Mine are poly carbonate...worst looking part on my LX by far. I've been going round and round trying to figure out a solution, without having to buy OEM. Oh well, guess I'm SOL.

Freshly installed. Picked up on Ebay. Not CcFL these are LED halo's.

View attachment 2389342

View attachment 2389348
These look great. Hard to tell if that kit includes the lenses/covers? Mine are cracked and yellowish and I'm not really sure what my move is there.

EDIT: I see in the description that kit includes "clear lenses". Was install pretty straightforward? Thx

Last edited:
I currently have these headlights. They look very nice but couple complaints. First, it’s very difficult to adjust their focus. I turned and turned with a screwdriver and still they point more down than I would like. Second, I’m one year into running them and now a halo driver( I dunno one side) seems to be out. If I punch it, it comes back on but only for a short period. I see a flicker to it. At $200 I think I’ll probably bite the bullet any get another set because I like the look and will have a spare, but just worth noting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom