LX470 Headlight Alternate Experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Or just sell the LX and buy my 2007 Landcruiser complete with HIR conversion. :D

Having had 3 Lexus autos with projector lamps, I can say definitively in the dark on the desert highways I would rather have my HIR lights in my Landcruiser over any Lexus light. If it is raining out, forget it.

Or just sell the LX and buy my 2007 Landcruiser complete with HIR conversion. :D

Having had 3 Lexus autos with projector lamps, I can say definitively in the dark on the desert highways I would rather have my HIR lights in my Landcruiser over any Lexus light. If it is raining out, forget it.
My 03 LX I retrofitted with with SC430 projectors will outperform most vehicles out here today. I'm on par or equal to the headlight output performance as the Honda S2000. & have no problem driving in any weather. Even rain. This a pic I'm driving thru fog and I cut thru it like it was nothing

IMAG0915.jpg

May I ask why you chose SC430 projectors over 04-06 LS430 projectors? The LS projectors have been praised for a long time as one of the best projectors ever made. It's a very common retrofit into virtually any headlight that you can fit it into like the 2nd gen Lexus GS for example.

To answer your question. The SC projectors are almost identical to the LX. So The MOD was very easy to do. The LS projectors are to big and wouldn't fit in my LX. But I do have some in my 98 GS. Now this is a crazy wide output. Here's my GS:

IMAG0619.jpg

IMAG0426.jpg

I went to HIR in the headlight (9011 and 9012) and was a good improvement. I then bought some HIR2 for 9011 and moved the HIR to the fog light position. I like. Next step, maybe, is visionx 4.25 light cannons.....

For retrofits, SC projectors are perfect for the 100 series LX. For the 100 series landcruiser I've seen some equipped with LS430 projectors

Ok to get this thread back on track... @LandCruiserPhil let us know how those after markets work. We don't need to be discussing LC HIR options in an LX headlight thread...

The part that keeps me from jumping to an aftermarket headlight is that the OE lamp assembly has glass lenses, whereas the aftermarkets would have plastic lenses I assume. I apologize if this was already stated or if I'm missing something here.

The part that keeps me from jumping to an aftermarket headlight is that the OE lamp assembly has glass lenses, whereas the aftermarkets would have plastic lenses I assume. I apologize if this was already stated or if I'm missing something here.

I think the 03-07 models have oem plastic lenses

OPT7 - LED & HID Lighting for Cars, Trucks & Motorcycles

I've put the OPT7 LED bulbs in my wife's van and my Corolla, I am going to be buying them for my LC too, which sucks because high and low beams are seperate bulbs so it'll cost twice as much.
But, I can tell you from personal experience of over a year these are by far the best bulbs you can buy.
The light output is clear, white and bright.
The hazy headlights in my Corolla are no longer a issue.
They are a plug and play bulb.
My ONLY dislike is that do not produce any heat so when driving long distance in the winter the lens will get covered in snow instead of melting like with halogens which get very hot.
In the rain, snow, fog you can see perfectly, the white light cuts right through so you can see farther and be safer.
My wife's van ate headlight bulbs, from cheap ones to expensive ones, every 6mo or so I was replacing the bulbs, and she doesn't use them that often.
With a 50,000hr life span I don't think I'll be replacing them ever again.
You can buy them on Amazon or directly from OPT7, the price is the same.
Buy them, you'll love them, send me a dollar.

LandCruiserPhil any updates? still not installed?

Installed and better than before but still room for improvement IMO. Some fine adjustment needed and I plan the replace the high beam lamps with a higher rated performance lamp. New bumper with additional low beam and high beam lighting incorporated in the design is in my future.

I did not wire in the halo's lights around the headlights but I dont see any benefit other than looks in doing so.

Installed and better than before but still room for improvement IMO. Some fine adjustment needed and I plan the replace the high beam lamps with a higher rated performance lamp. New bumper with additional low beam and high beam lighting incorporated in the design is in my future.

I did not wire in the halo's lights around the headlights but I dont see any benefit other than looks in doing so.
Do you have any output shots and do you think the projectors in those aftermarket lights are easily replaceable?

I know that TRS has brackets to adapt their MH1 projectors to a lot of the aftermarket housings.
Retro-Quik: Spec-D Lights : HID Projector Retrofit Kits : The Retrofit Source
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...to-retro-quik-system-spyder.html#.V3KMPfkrLq4
https://www.theretrofitsource.com/c...rimoto-retro-quik-universal.html#.V3KMj_krLq4

Last edited:
Do you have any output shots and do you think the projectors in those aftermarket lights are easily replaceable?

I know that TRS has brackets to adapt their MH1 projectors to a lot of the aftermarket housings.
Retro-Quik: Spec-D Lights : HID Projector Retrofit Kits : The Retrofit Source
Retro-Quik: Spyder Lights Bi-xenon Headlights : HID Projector Retrofit Kits : The Retrofit Source
Retro-Quik: Universal Bi-xenon Headlights : HID Projector Retrofit Kits : The Retrofit Source

Aside from replacing the high beam lamp Im done with Lexus lights. Like I said above my next step will add on lighting for both low and high. If I could just match the lighting output of my 80 series I would be a happy driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom