LX470 Headlight Alternate Experience? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aside from replacing the high beam lamp Im done with Lexus lights. Like I said above my next step will add on lighting for both low and high. If I could just match the lighting output of my 80 series I would be a happy driver.
Do a complete retrofit. I've installed SC430 projectors in my truck and I can tell no aftermarket kit can hold a candle to it. If you can't find any SC projectors, any S2000 witha little modifications will look good

Do a complete retrofit. I've installed SC430 projectors in my truck and I can tell no aftermarket kit can hold a candle to it. If you can't find any SC projectors, any S2000 witha little modifications will look good

IMAG0962.jpg

IMAG0910.jpg

IMAG1064.jpg

Silver that looks amazing! For those of us that are terrified to try this, could you put together a step by step instruction post? Or if you used something on youtube, maybe post the link?

Thanks!

Cellphone camera doesn't capture it all. But my light can easily spread across 8 lanes, & maybe 10-15 car beam of light in front of the car

Guys the only thing you've gonna need for this retrofit is the SC430 projectors & a dremel. Nothing else. Just cut the ring that's on the projector so our bezel will flush, & on the bowls put a slit on one side of screw hole. The LX470 projectors are a one piece setup. Projector and bracket is one complete piece. Use your dremel to cut the projector off the bracket and try not to damage the bracket. Put the bracket in between the SC projector & bowl, screw it together and then you done. Put it all together. Repeat the process for the next light. Then enjoy having fun driving at night

If you guys are afraid of doing the retrofit I'll do it for a fee. Get the SC projectors & take out your headlights. Send them to me I'll retrofit them & sand and reseal the headlights. That way you'll never have to worry about fading or yellowing.

IMAG2177.jpg

@silverbullitt performance with the blacked out reflectors like the OP posted would be the bees knees...

I've never messed with headlight mods so forgive my ignorance, and have not seen this questions asked. With projectors, are they using the reflector housings, the chrome surround? Is this why you can get black housings? I'm wondering if one could perform the SC or TSX mod to the aftermarket black housing and get the same results? I'm in the middle of getting a new bumper, so I"m loosing my stock turns and fog lights and I'm sure that I will want to upgrade my headlights.

gAr5Xm7.jpg

https://amzn.to/36UBquJ #ad

I got my "Eagle Eyes" headlights in and installed them. Thought about doing the SC projector mod, but both my headlights were already pretty wore out and the driver's side was cracked so I would have to replace it. Eagle Eyes lights were cheaper and easier so I gave them a shot and so far I'm pretty happy. I went ahead and changed out the standard bulbs it came with for HIDs. Unfortunately this means you have to disable the DRL because the HIDs won't work on the lower voltage. Right now I just have the angel eyes hooked up to come on with the brights, but I am going to make a relay to turn them on when the engine starts to act as DRL, or at least see what they look like. DRLs are good, I like them. Helps to keep people from turning in front of you and lets others know that the vehicle is running and might be moving soon.

Fit and finish is not perfect, but pretty good. I have not aimed the lights either, but I can already tell they are going to be good. Overall I think the lights look great on the vehicle and resemble something that Lexus might have put on themselves.

I wanted to optimize my lights for the conditions that I will need them the most which is totally dark mountain roads and intense snow flurries. I read that lower Kelvin lights (more yellow) are better for penetrating snow without glaring back at you so I went with 4300K headlight bulbs and full on yellow 3000K LED foglights. For the brights I went with 6000K light blue which is right in the range that humans see best so it will be better for long range vision, high beams are not useful in snow flurries so it's a good choice for high beams which will only be used in the darkest conditions.

UYUMawq.jpg

What a huge upgrade from foggy OEM lenses.

bKc6VGr.jpg

XnWT98i.jpg

2NbKtbt.jpg

They look awesome at night!

mVWBVRL.jpg

H0oviML.jpg

Full brights

xKBQMjd.jpg

Old junk soon to be on eBay:

hYvEcBv.jpg

So far I'm happy, would buy again! Need to polish up my foglights to match!

Last edited:
So I have the Eagle Eyes from Ebay and they are ok. But I wonder if any of the Morimoto would fit in there?

If you guys are afraid of doing the retrofit I'll do it for a fee. Get the SC projectors & take out your headlights. Send them to me I'll retrofit them & sand and reseal the headlights. That way you'll never have to worry about fading or yellowing.

View attachment 1378303

@silverbullitt I know you posted this a while ago, would you be able to help me on this? I am not far away from you, in DMV area. Let me know if you could help me on setting this mod.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom