Location for front-facing LED floods: Dumb? (1 Viewer)

How do you like the location of these LED Flood Pods?

• Cool

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Dumb

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • Meh

Votes: 8 36.4%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Looking for somewhere to put some LED floods from the group buy. What do you think of this? I'm a purist, so I don't like it, but I'd like to know what others think. (Forgive the quick photoshop job.)

leds50.JPG
leds50.JPG

You would be putting a lot of leverage on those plastic turn signals. Bump one and SNAP. If they are flood lights for trail use, I would mount them on the bumper angled out slightly.

X2 on the snap the markers off

I'm putting a pair of Cibie Oscar driving lights on the bumper outboard of the frame. They won't fit under the fenders due to tire clearance when flexed. They would fit closer in, by the winch, but there's not much reason to use two of them that close together. They are very wide angle. If I didn't care what it looks like three of them would be very utilitarian at the center and two extreme ends of the bumper, but I don't want that many lights.

I may just punt the LEDs from the front, mount some out back, and make one that mounts with magnets for camp or wrenching duty.

BTW, the group buy is about to close, and these are amazing for $35.

Maybe clamp mount them to the raingutter over the windshield and plug into the cig lighter socket? Definitely not on the turn signals as in the chop. Ugh...

Nick

Whats wrong with the bumper?

I'm putting a pair of Cibie Oscar driving lights on the bumper outboard of the frame.

I'm going soft top and usually no top when wheeling, so no roof rail. They would flood the hood if they were up there. I've never been a fan of lights up around the windshield.

Looking at the picture again it might be possible to have a mount poking out from the lip of the fender and have them below the parking lights.

I put my Hella lights inside beside the winch. I had them outboard of the hoop but they looked like they were so vulnerable I moved them in. This bumper I got from hindsight's build had so many tabs on it it looked like a display rack so I got a chance to check out a few spots but ended up where they are. They point a bit to the outside and light up the road great.
front end.jpg

not liking the turn signal mounts, either

I built brackets off the tow hooks to mount lights back toward bib.
dr%20light%20bracket%20%282%29.JPG

I would put them on Ebay. Unless you plan on driving high speeds at night on the trail. Upgrade your headlights instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom