Bose bluetooth speaker location/bracket (4 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello folks, I recently purchased a 1977 FJ40, it’s currently being lightly restored with the addition of AC, and a few other items, etc. I purchased the Bose, Soundlink Flex Bluetooth speaker, dimensions are: 3.56" H x 7.93" W x 2.06" D (1.300 lb). Thus will serve as both my Bluetooth hands free microphone and music playback, Pandora, etc. I was thinking the ideal location is at underneath the dashboard just below the heater vents. However I’d need to either create or purchase a bracket to hold it there, but something that would easily allow me to remove the speaker when I park for extended periods, to dissuade potential thieves. Anyone done this? Any ideas? Thanks in advance for your assistance.

I just use a piece of velcro and stick my speaker to the dash pad. Sounds great and it's easy to remove and take with you when parked.

fotor_1680578527326.jpg

I have the JBL charge 5. I got the Spartan mount from amazizzy. It's a great mount. I mounted it on the cup holder of the Tuffy console. Speaker doesn't move at all when driving around. Very secure. Looks like they make one for the Bose flex.

20240130_150433.jpg

Screenshot_20240221_072829_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I just use a piece of velcro and stick my speaker to the dash pad. Sounds great and it's easy to remove and take with you when parked.

View attachment 3563097
Thanks, but I’m wondering if I can do something similar by the heater. Take care.
I have the JBL charge 5. I got the Spartan mount from amazizzy. It's a great mount. I mounted it on the cup holder of the Tuffy console. Speaker doesn't move at all when driving around. Very secure. Looks like they make one for the Bose flex.

View attachment 3563128

View attachment 3563129
That looks like a great solution, I can probably use the same mount and place it on the heater which is where I’d want to mount it. Thanks for sharing!

That’s funny that you just posted this because I was just literally typed in Bluetooth opinions on google for an FJ40 and found an older post with the speaker you mentioned above. I copied and pasted the name of the speaker and typed again in google and add Fj40 and came across your thread.

I was looking at retro manufacturing radios but didn’t want to splice my wires so I’m looking at other options.

That’s funny that you just posted this because I was just literally typed in Bluetooth opinions on google for an FJ40 and found an older post with the speaker you mentioned above. I copied and pasted the name of the speaker and typed again in google and add Fj40 and came across your thread.

I was looking at retro manufacturing radios but didn’t want to splice my wires so I’m looking at other options.
Honestly this is the easiest and most cost effective solution. Ande at Voodoo Cruisers recommended this solution. He’s currently giving my newest acquisition a light restoration, hope to have it in April. I’ve already tried this speaker it sounds great and the Bluetooth microphone works fantastic, made a call with it. I had seen on MUD where someone was going to place a Bluetooth speaker on the heater and thought that’s a great location. The 3D printed Spartan mount should do the job, I’d just like to find a way if possible to place it on the heater underneath the fins without making holes to mount the speaker mount, but not sure that will be possible. I want something I can easily remove when I park somewhere for an extended period thereby reducing the chances of someone trying to steal it. I’ll also want to wire electricity to it in the most hidden way possible. If you have an ideas, please do share. Thanks and good luck.

Sorry I have no ideas but I really like @CondeCruiser idea if you have a tuffy. I currently have a tuffy but have the one that has the radio compartment and not sure how close it would be to the shifter. However there’s an option on the tuffy to mount a cup holder on the backside as well so will most likely do that. I would have to see a photo of the idea that you are thinking of.

Sorry I have no ideas but I really like @CondeCruiser idea if you have a tuffy. I currently have a tuffy but have the one that has the radio compartment and not sure how close it would be to the shifter. However there’s an option on the tuffy to mount a cup holder on the backside as well so will most likely do that. I would have to see a photo of the idea that you are thinking of.

IMG_6873.png

The JBL Charge 5 is a great speaker. I have been a fan of Bose for a while and have an old Bose Soundwave in my shop which I still hook my iPod up to and I had a small bluetooth bose as well. The JBL is way louder. We could barely here the bose at speed with the top off the 40.

The JBL Charge 5 is a great speaker. I have been a fan of Bose for a while and have an old Bose Soundwave in my shop which I still hook my iPod up to and I had a small bluetooth bose as well. The JBL is way louder. We could barely here the bose at speed with the top off the 40.
This is the space I’m working with.

IMG_1775.jpeg

I put my Charge 5 on the floor between the console and the shifter and it doesn't move at all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom