2F Alternator location (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was just told that my alternator is on the “wrong” side (passenger side) for a 2F engine. Should I try to locate back to the drivers side? It works as is but does seem to be a bit misaligned and will likely cause premature belt wear. It’s also touching the top of the battery which I could probably adjust with a shorter belt. I know the wiring is a mess too…that’s another project. :)
IMG_0895.jpeg

IMG_0894.jpeg

IMG_0893.jpeg

IMG_0866.jpeg

Not sure what if any year 2f would have it on the drivers side...the smog pump was low on the drivers side.

I'd start with the shorter belt - maybe low tension is what's eating your belts. Pretty easy swap too.

There really isn't much forward/back alignment on the alternator, may just be the pulley. Looks like you have a double-pulley on it and belt on the front groove...hows the alignment on the rear slot? That's more where it lands for my single setup (only photo I had handy).

PXL_20210914_191058528.MP.jpg

79’ on mine is on the passenger side. I bought a spare one that wasn’t Toyota and had to mount it on the drivers side. I’ve since put my original one back in. Mine was better aligned on the passenger side.
Pic is the spare acdelco 334-1599 mounted on the wrong side of town.

IMG_4349.jpeg

Last edited:
maybe the other alt. mounting bracket would work better

20220607_175746.jpg

20220613_120306.jpg

US spec was on the right side of the engine
global market 2F was on the left side of the engine

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom