Let's see your 40-series overlanders! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@skidplate nice Rokon! I think that’s the first one I have seen with a LC since I picked up my 73’.

AE89870B-89A1-45DD-AC17-B4E6CDD16D21.jpeg
1120FF4C-A33F-497F-A924-92D511CE4CEB.jpeg

what's a land rover
It’s one of the trucks you’ll come across broken down, stuck, or abandoned… because the owner got tired of fixing it. :smuggrin:

Please don’t use my post as an excuse to derail this excellent thread.

Overlanding is remote camping. With an emphasis on the “getting there” part. YES most 40 owners that have been at it for a long time have been doing this already. Overlanding has a bigger focus on self reliance and the gear to get you there.
That should sound familiar to most 40 owners.

I see a lot of overlanding setups in campgrounds when we are out in our camp trailer. They must be just working the bugs out.

Here's our old CAMP setup as well... Working on a new one now

DSC01545.jpg
There are quite a few us not patiently waiting on the details of this "new one"...

If “Overlanding” implies self reliance then just about ANY outing in one off road is Overlanding. As I purchased a 5X7 full size Confer rack from Mark @65swb45 a few years back, wondering how it is sleeping on top of the roof rack? Here in AZ it rarely rains! Thanks👍
I have spent many nights under the stars on my 5x7. And I have a 4-man OZ tent I got in trade from Urban Cruisers about 15 years ago that fits in the rack for when I just have to have a rooftop tent!😝

I have spent many nights under the stars on my 5x7. And I have a 4-man OZ tent I got in trade from Urban Cruisers about 15 years ago that fits in the rack for when I just have to have a rooftop tent!😝
Do you put something over the rack bars to make it flat/confortable ?

Do you put something over the rack bars to make it flat/confortable ?
A sheet of marine grade plywood

Thanks for this Mark👍

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom