Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Aaaaaaaannnnnnnnd the crossmember needed to be modified...........again. Had to notch it out to clear the OEM condenser I decided I wanted to run on this truck vs the aftermarket on #1. Should have never put the 80 crossmember in....should have gone with the tube like a 70. #3 will have a tube...

20190910_115254.jpg
20190910_115243.jpg

20190910_160446.jpg

A boss getting a birthday present from an employee is something pretty special.....especially when it's one of these:
20190910_080701.jpg

Outland Firebowl....we've seen them being used at a few places. It's a great setup. A bit bulky but I've got room in camper truck. Better load up on propane bottles.....

A boss getting a birthday present from an employee is something pretty special.....especially when it's one of these:
View attachment 2080357

Outland Firebowl....we've seen them being used at a few places. It's a great setup. A bit bulky but I've got room in camper truck. Better load up on propane bottles.....
At least now we know who will be doing the cooking at the Meet & Greet. :lol:

Recently bought a very nice1994 FZJ75 pickup and reading this thread front to back gives me a lot of ideas....

.....for the frame-off on my 1977 FJ55. :)

Inspiring work on the build but seriously glad that i’m happy with the 75, more or less, as it sits.

I moved to Riyadh from Tampa early last year. Too bad I didn’t wander into the 70 section earlier or I would have come by.

Last edited:
Recently bought a very nice1994 FZJ75 pickup and reading this thread front to back gives me a lot of ideas....

.....for the frame-off on my 1977 FJ55. :)

Inspiring work on the build but seriously glad that i’m happy with the 75, more or less, as it sits.

I moved to Riyadh from Tampa early last year. Too bad I didn’t wander into the 79 section earlier or I would have come by.

We have all kinds of good stuff at the shop.....wish we could have had you over to take a look.

Take a look at my build on the 45LV we did in the LV owners section....that might give you some ideas for your 55 build.

At least now we know who will be doing the cooking at the Meet & Greet. :lol:

I've got better things to cook on.....like the Tembo Tusk skottle.......that's a cake I made on it. :D 👍

20190315_182724_1.jpg

Finished our mod to the crossmember for the condenser yesterday.....she fits right in. Radiator should clear just fine('should' being the key word). I think we determined that we wanted to space the radiator back just a tad but that's easy with shims. Had to order some additional rubber mounts which came in so I can get going on checking that.

20190911_134503.jpg
20190911_135238.jpg
20190911_135025.jpg
20190911_135035.jpg
20190911_135245.jpg

Only get to see the left side of the truck when it's outside....

20190911_124346_HDR.jpg

20190911_124148_HDR.jpg

Ok what is that thing on the intake tube? I scrolled 8 pages back and couldn't find anything.

Home (Netherlands) built turbo kit. He talked about it when he got it. post 425

Home (Netherlands) built turbo kit. He talked about it when he got it. post 425

I think it was a kit. Some shop in the Netherlands put it on. @joekatana knows....motor came from him.

I can't quite figure this one out either....none of these brackets for the condenser are available....I've looked them up for all kinds of models and they just say, "discontinued". Fortunately I know some very good people north of the border that source stuff like this. Condenser came with the 2 upper inner ones but that was it. Really perplexed over it. I'm guessing it's something that I'm not looking up correctly but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at looking up and buying parts....my bank account agrees.

20190911_135025.jpg

seems like a monster condenser?

For sure it's big. I think the pics make it look a lot taller though.

The one on the #1 truck is an aftermarket unit....what we use on our 40 builds. I sized it to fit above the crossmember. AC works fine in that truck. Would have been fine for this truck too. I was trying to be smart and just buy the new part vs. modifying all the other stuff like we normally do. Didn't work out that way. Ha. Bought the expensive part AND had to mod stuff.

These aren't for my truck but damn they're nice. Put them in my right hand's F250 today.....what a cool setup. These are MB Rodeo inserts with black leatherette bolsters. Vario F seat with single armrests.

Maybe brown plaid with brown leatherette will be in the future for the next build....

20190914_131910.jpg
20190914_131915.jpg
20190914_132002.jpg

Those look awesome Chris! Making me second guess my decision... 😁
I know, I know....trust me....I've been second guessing my choice too. Lol. They're gorgeous. They look killer in the F250...kind of a dark grey interior.

Sure would look good in my Troopy......too bad the budget is blown on that truck.

I can't quite figure this one out either....none of these brackets for the condenser are available....I've looked them up for all kinds of models and they just say, "discontinued". Fortunately I know some very good people north of the border that source stuff like this. Condenser came with the 2 upper inner ones but that was it. Really perplexed over it. I'm guessing it's something that I'm not looking up correctly but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at looking up and buying parts....my bank account agrees.

View attachment 2081465

Looks familiar. I remember we had an issue with brackets as well, but honestly can't recall what it was.

2014-10-13 16.55.46.jpg

Looks familiar. I remember we had an issue with brackets as well, but honestly can't recall what it was.

View attachment 2086226

Ah....cool pic. Very strange with the brackets....especially if you guys had the same issue. Would be a pisser if the front got damaged and someone needed brackets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom