Builds Let's build a 79 Series from parts... (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

No intercooler???

No intercooler???
Not yet. I'm probably going to do a top mount from Cross Country like on my camper truck but I want to collect all the stuff I need first....DPF hood, etc. Camper has a 1HDT so I'll have to get Cross Country to do a hybrid wide nose 79 to FT setup. Probably just a different elbow for the inlet on the FT intake. Not a huge deal.

Kind of need to stop playing with this truck and get on the other projects that are piling up :)

Kick it up a notch with a sweet air to water unit. This made in Japan TRAD unit is from a late model Prado. Cools over 16 psi 200hp and 375tq in factory fit up. Probably have to cut/TIG the inlet and outlet, but that’s well within your abilities.
0D501B76-E490-4414-BF96-F6EA7EE59606.jpeg

Kick it up a notch with a sweet air to water unit. This made in Japan TRAD unit is from a late model Prado. Cools over 16 psi 200hp and 375tq in factory fit up. Probably have to cut/TIG the inlet and outlet, but that’s well within your abilities.
View attachment 3534382
Nice looking unit. Might be a decent fit for a 13bt/14bt if it’s not way too large or $$$

View attachment 3534382
Not a bad idea at all......wouldn't need the scooped hood either which would be ind of nice since I'm not crazy about having to get another hood plus paint, etc. Certainly easy enough to find room for a pump and heat exchanger on this truck......hmmmmmmm

Yeah, air to water set ups make for a clean, tidy, and non bulky install. Plus, Toyota has invested heavily in electric pumps and front mount heat exchangers for not only their latest family of boosted Dynamic Force and Diesel engines, but the inverter cooler loops for the Hybrids. The parts bin has some choices.

Yeah, air to water set ups make for a clean, tidy, and non bulky install. Plus, Toyota has invested heavily in electric pumps and front mount heat exchangers for not only their latest family of boosted Dynamic Force and Diesel engines, but the inverter cooler loops for the Hybrids. The parts bin has some choices.
Good to know.....going to look into their pumps.

Was able to take some pics of the lights this morning......pretty bright. Probably will bring them up just a touch.

Low beam:
20240116_070031.jpg

20240116_070004.jpg

High beams:

20240116_070038.jpg

20240116_070008.jpg

That low beam cutoff is like a laser, dang!

Those lights work great!

Almost forgot, if you want (?) a period correct intercooler coolant pump to display under hood, the piece from the 94 - 99 Celica GT4 is still produced. Part # 16290-74030

Last few bits and pieces got wrapped up.....upgraded the main tank’s fuel line and switching valve to the HDJ7x one. Need to pull the bed so we can run a 12mm hard line to the valve....maybe this week.
20240117_091830.jpeg
20240117_091854.jpeg

Got the prefilter and fuel filter mounted in the last of the available space.

20240118_111029.jpeg
20240118_111036.jpeg

Looks like it was there from the beginning. Air cleaner lid powder coated along with a couple brackets.
20240118_111051.jpeg

Been driving it the last few days.....wow what a remarkable difference. It’s way smoother and revs much more willingly than the 1HZ. Neat motor. The H152 made a HUGE change to the truck. Turning just about 2000 RPMs at 75mph....that’s about 400 or so less than it was vs the H151. I’ll have to top the tanks off to see what kind of fuel mileage I’m getting with this setup....although I’m not sure I remember what I was getting with the 1HZ. Wasn’t too great as I recall.

None of those Toyota diesel motors ( even NA ) are really to good about mileage .. specially when you are reving them up ( HW speed ) trying to make them to " perform " well ..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom