Builds LCOwner's build up 1.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I've got to have something to wheel this spring and summer. My FJ40 project is stalled for various reasons so I'm going to take some of the parts slated to for that and use them on the Wagon. I have a Marlin built SM420 and ToyBox w/4.70 gears and some other junk. I still need to buy the MC23 adapter to mate this to the split case. So in the mean time I started on the SOA today after a little shop clean up. This is the first SOA I've done on an FJ60 so input form ya'll is appreciated.
Wagpn 008 (Medium).jpg
Wagpn 011 (Medium).jpg
Wagpn 009 (Medium).jpg

Todays progress

1. Front axle out
2. Rebuilt springs with an a leaf addes from old FJ40 packs I had.
3. Front axle stripped down.

I had big help from great friends today. I wouldn't be this far without their help.
Wagon 007 (Medium).jpg
Wagon 004 (Medium).jpg
Wagon 003 (Medium).jpg

So I stripped down the rear completely and I'll steam clean both tomorrow morning. I hope to have the rear end back on the ground by the end of the day tomorrow and the related bracket cut off the front housing and frame too. My help will be cut in half but in in this phase I don't mind slowing down a little.

Last edited:
Way to go Larry!
You might want to leash Larry to PB Blaster and matches from now on...
Make sure you take LOTS of photos when you do the "cut & turn" so everyone can see Larry's coux de gras!

Yes. Yes. Yes.... More pix!

Well all of my help bailed on me but that's OK. After I got back from steam cleaning the housings and cleaning the knuckles and thirds in the parts washer I repaired the axle housing. I may reinforce that part. There was a nickel blow out on the inside of the tube you can kind of see in the pic.

So the axle c/l is at 16" on the jack stand, and the body at the same spot is almost 10" more than it was when I started (see above). Now in the first pic the Wagon was wearing BFG 31's with an adjusted radius of let's say 14.5" that gives me like 8" of lift. Wow!
Wagon 011 (Medium).jpg
Wagon 015 (Medium).jpg
Wagon 018 (Medium).jpg

lookin good so far

Dude, you got a hole in your rear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom