Builds LCOwner's build up 1.0 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So after the little one sick and then passing it off to dad I finally get back into the shop and got the front springs back in. I hate welding upside down but I'm happy with the way it came out. Like Kavik I want to keep the lift as low as possable, lower the bump stops and cut the fenders if needed. As it sits now the front is almost 4" lower than the back so I'm going to mix and match some shackle lengths to make it up.
Wagon 034 (Medium).jpg
Wagon 035 (Medium).jpg
Wagon 036 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
poor torch work there. Not just in technique but in adjustment of the torch as well...

Looks good!!

Right on! You may want to experiment w/ moving the front axle to the forward hole in the spring perch.

I deliberately moved my front axle forward about an inch when I relocated the hangers. I figured I could use all the room I could get at the rear of the fender well.

Keep it up, you will be really stoked when it's a roller.:beer:

So it was a busy week but not for this project. Waiting for parts sucks. In any case I puttered around today and fabbed up the beginings of my twin stick shifter. After I cut half the head off the 6"x5/8 bolt and polished it with emry cloth I welded it to the bracket.
wagon 001 (Medium).jpg

I found a piece of galvanized water pipe that with a little file work fit nicely on the bolt. I ground off the galvanizing and when I get the t-case back together I'll finish it up.

Disclaimer: If you plan to weld any material with galvanizing on it, be sure to grind it off or soak it off with muratic acid. The gasses set off by welding can make you real sick.
wagon 004.jpg

Last edited:
A little problem I'm having with the Ruff Stuff parts. Rotating the pinion angle up makes the hole for the front bolt too close to the housing. I spoke to Dan a while back about this and he was going to do a little redesign and get me an up-dated piece but I haven't seen it on my door step so far.
wagon 005.jpg

Jason and I talked about this today. What about welding a nut on the bottom side and just run a bolt itno it kind of like the Dodge 60s? Or Jason thought of using a socket head cap screw. The narrower head might fit from the bottom.

I'd still need to grind the poo out of a nut to get it to fit. The socket head might work. Do you think National Hardware would have one? I'm still going to call Dan on Monday and see where he is with it.

What is the length from the bellhousing to your front output? On Jason's we are looking @ somewhere between 42 and 46" so we won't need a ton more pinion angle.

Just curious from your pics what we will be looking at.

Yeah I remember the 420. From the back of the block to the fron output location. Curious how much further back Jason't front output will be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom